We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Knackered VeraLite to VeraPlus  (Read 962 times)

Offline lordgoata

• Sr. Newbie
Knackered VeraLite to VeraPlus
« on: December 14, 2016, 12:13:52 pm »
So this new firmware has completely messed up my Lite, from what I can gather it needs reflashing with the recovery firmware which needs an XP machine someone said. I neither have an XP machine, nor the time or energy to set one up, so I just ordered a Plus.

I seem to recall that to add a device, it has to be first excluded... and that involved putting the device and the Lite in exclusion mode. So how do I handle it with the Lite out of action ?

Any advice appreciated.

Offline Marijn

Re: Knackered VeraLite to VeraPlus
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 02:12:49 pm »
Join the club  :'( i had the same issue with my vera lite, just received a new plus.

I don't think its possible to load a backup of the vera lite to the vera plus and get all your devices up and running again.
Therefore the only solution is a factory reset for each device I think (no controller is needed).
After that you can include the devices again, unfortunatly a lot of work.

Offline rafale77

• Community Beta
  • HA ≠ IoT as a blue sky is cloudless.
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 01:45:33 am »
You can actually exclude a device from a network even without the original primary controller.
All you have to do is to put the new controller in exclude mode and it should be able to exclude your device.
Try setting your plus in exclude mode and exclude your device as if it was part of the network. It should work. I did so on over 100 devices.
openLuup (79 devices, 141 scenes, 19 apps) master to VeraPlus (142 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 221 devices,  20 scenes , 2 apps) +  Hubitat (15 Zigbee nodes) + Home-Assistant (API Integrations). Bridged to Siri and Alexa. Homewave. VeraPlus ExtRooted and mios server independent.

Offline Marijn

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 02:52:18 am »
Putting the plus in exclude mode did the job. Thanks 😃