Author Topic: Can not detect becomes ridiculously  (Read 1043 times)

Offline CPrdam

• Sr. Newbie
Can not detect becomes ridiculously
« on: January 05, 2017, 08:39:49 am »
Every 2 days a device gives the message can not detect. Putting it on and off solves the problem.
Please solve this. And these are power plugs so no battery operated deices.

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
    • RTS Services Plugins
Re: Can not detect becomes ridiculously
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 09:06:28 am »
Does it actually cause the plugs not to work ?

Just ignore the messages ... it usually means they failed to respond to a poll ... so you may have a marginal Z-Wave mesh.

Offline CPrdam

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 10:35:44 am »
Hello Richard,

Its zwave plus aeotec smart switches (6) in connection with Vera Plus. We europeans have smaller houses
then people in the US. So distance from controller is only 7 meters.

And did not try if it says can not detect if the the device will work on schedule.
But putting it on and off makes its detect again.

Offline Cor

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 10:46:51 am »
my devices , where it says " can not detect"  still works normally.

Cor

Offline jlind

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 11:27:37 am »
From what I found, distance is only a small part of the equation when determining what's going on.  Wall material, metal objects, distance vertically, number of devices, etc all make a much larger impact when determining why something isn't making a solid connection.  I have a lot of devices in a larger (3400sq ft, multi story, stucco house).  The one thing I do notices is that my devices don't communicate using the shortest path like I would imagine, but instead use a round-about, multiple path, way of connecting.  In fact, sometimes the signal bounces thru the devices I have outside the house to get to the other side of the house.

So I basically added 3-4 plugin modules that repeat so that I can ensure the mesh is solid while I purchase additional hard-wired devices to fill-in the gaps.  I will still get the can't connect message every once in a while (about once every 3 months for a day or so), but nowhere near as much as I used to get when the mesh had fewer devices.
VeraLite/VeraPlus with UI7, Multiple GE switches, GE Outlets, Aeon Smart Switches, Minimote, GE Portable outlets  Apps: (Pentair Autelis Plugin, Weather Underground, Honeywell WiFi Thermo, System Monitor, AlternateUI)

Offline legend99

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2017, 11:29:05 am »
My Aeotec water sensor DSB45-ZWUS is only 4 ft away in the same room from my Vera. Same issue as you.

Hello Richard,

Its zwave plus aeotec smart switches (6) in connection with Vera Plus. We europeans have smaller houses
then people in the US. So distance from controller is only 7 meters.

And did not try if it says can not detect if the the device will work on schedule.
But putting it on and off makes its detect again.

Offline delbz

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2017, 09:59:34 pm »
My Aotec Smart Switch 6 does the same thing. It works whether it's 5m or 20m from the Vera, but that error message messes with my OCD! >:(

Offline Aaron

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2017, 10:52:25 pm »
I had the same issue and until the most recent FW the sensors were not working in Vera (motion would not trip)... the latest FW seemed to fix this and I figured out how (so far) to get the messages to go away...

The fix/trick...

1. Under advanced -> commands, choose Replace. This wipes the device configuration but does not remove it.

2. Remove/install the battery and then quickly click "Configure node now" (advanced -> commands)

Vera will reconfigure the device and it should start work again. You should see the Vera message bar at saying it's removing associations, and some other messages.

It might work first time or take a second time...  for me, it removed and readded zwave routes and I haven't seen any errors on those devices in almost a week.

Offline ALcALoIDe

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2017, 04:17:42 pm »
I have those issues with switches that are one next to another, in the same wall, near vera plus... Makes me crazy getting  those red notifications
Vera Plus UI7 and lots of zwave devices

Offline Spanners

• https://www.livehouseautomation.com.au
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2017, 11:02:45 pm »
I have two of the Aeotec Z-wave sensors and they pair ok and will transmit a change of water/no water for about 2-3 times and then never update again.

After a day or so they just go red with the can't detect error.