We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Lyric Thermostat and UI7 Version 7.0.19  (Read 2889 times)

Offline markcm

Re: Lyric Thermostat and UI7 Version 7.0.19
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2018, 04:58:36 pm »
Hi MarcCM, is your post from April 16th still up to date or have you seen improvement?

I am late to seeing this question, I ended up selling my T5 thermostats and reverting to an older honeywell Total Comfort smart thermostat which does not have the time-out issue the T5 had. I went as far as to talk with Honeywell developers on their API and Vera support; Honeywell developers had zero to offer and nothing came of my efforts with Vera either. The honeywell Lyric API is public, it seems VERA could have cleaned this up long ago.

Sorin, has any Lyric T5 development happened since your last post?

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2018, 04:55:55 am »
@mark

A few things have changed from my previous affirmation. Not sure if you were aware: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,102841.0.html

But the new direction includes adding compatibility with these devices and many more, with one caveat - after the stabilization phase which has been happening in the last few months. In theory, we should start seeing new features and integrations around Feb 2019.
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7

Offline markcm

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2018, 09:56:14 pm »
Thanks for the link to the acquisition, Sorin.

I do notice the honeywell Lyric app was recently updated, can you comment on that? It's odd that there are no comments in the apps, most are just a title and maybe a partial description.

When a user accesses apps from their vera web interface, there is almost no information about the app, and almost never a link to a support forum or description page. This is a very odd approach leaving users scratching their heads "what does this app even do and where can I find more information on it?" Can you share that with the new administration?