We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: SQ Remote 2.0.1 released  (Read 7256 times)

Offline SquareConnectJohn

SQ Remote 2.0.1 released
« on: September 16, 2010, 10:33:13 am »
We have just released a bug fix update for SQ Remote that tackles an issue that appears with remote access if the myMiOS primary server is unavailable. SQ Remote was not handling the move to the secondary server gracefully. This has been fixed in this update.

The update should be available within an hour or 2 on the app store.
Square Connect Co-Founder

Offline mbairhead

Re: SQ Remote 2.0.1 released
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 11:02:34 am »
We have just released a bug fix update for SQ Remote that tackles an issue that appears with remote access if the myMiOS primary server is unavailable. SQ Remote was not handling the move to the secondary server gracefully. This has been fixed in this update.

The update should be available within an hour or 2 on the app store.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

THANK YOU

Offline CMRancho

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 08:30:30 pm »
This messed up my semi-working SQ Remote. €@##! now I have to go through more "figure it out yourself" crap. Expletives deleted.
Vera123beta; Schlage, Kwikset, TZEMT400; Linksys cams, Smarteye cams, HSM100; Aeon, Everspring, Cooper, Leviton, Intermatic, FortrezZ, Global Caché, USB-UIRT, Somfy, etc.

Offline RobertN

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 11:32:36 pm »
Since this upgrade my iPhone remote has not been reliable - it not reliable connecting to my Vera and when it does it does not reflect the right statuses for my switches. I have to do reset on my phone to get the latest and correct status. Funny thing is my iPad remote is a lot more reliable. Has anyone else exprienced this issue? Please advise.

Offline Gerenb

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 12:54:21 am »
I believe the problem may be caused by the app not really fully supporting multitasking in IOS4. You need to stop and restart the app to get the correct status on your devices. To stop the app, press the home button quickly twice. This will bring up the app manager at the bottom of the screen. You need to then find the SQ Remote icon and hold it down until it starts jiggling. You can then kill the app by touching the x next to the app. You can then rerun the app and it will work correctly.

The iPad works properly because it does not support multitasking yet.

SQ Connect - please fix this problem in the next release.

Offline TheGadgetGuy

• Technology Guru
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 10:21:54 am »
@Gerenb:

You are incorrect that SQ Remote doesn't support multitasking.  That feature works extremely well, as a matter of fact.  When the app is turned on, it polls Vera and updates the status of all devices.

@RobertN:

If I were to make a guess, are you using WiFi when this issue occurs?  Is Bluetooth enabled on your iPhone?  Try turning off Bluetooth, and see if that clears it up.

This is apparently a bug in iOS4, and Square  Connect has been working hard to design around this bug. 

Hope this helps.

-Robert
"Lots of Z wave switches by various companies", 8 Panasonic IP cameras, 4 Schlage locks, 2 Kwikset locks, 3 Z-wave thermometers, 2 5 button Cooper scene controllers, etc.

Offline RobertN

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 10:23:08 am »
Yup - this corrected the issue and beats the reset of the phone everytime. Thanks Gerenb and yes, we really need to get this addressed before IOS4.2 release on the iPad.

Offline RobertN

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 10:27:12 am »
@TheGadgetGuy - I tried in 3G mode and the same thing occured. I will need to try your solutiun this evening but when I killed the app in multitasking screen - it works as suggested by the other person.

Offline Gerenb

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 10:55:48 am »
It's possible this is only an issue with UI2. i haven't upgraded to UI4 yet. I can only tell you that SQ properly polled my devices every time on startup until iPhone multitasking was added. It is now unreliable unless you restart the app.

Offline RobertN

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2010, 11:47:02 am »
I upgraded to UI4 and same issues here.

Offline RobertN

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2010, 09:17:46 pm »
I turned off Bluetooth and tried it for a couple of hours and it works like how it used to before the upgrade - is this something that is going to be fixed soon?

Offline guessed

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • Release compat is not a bolted-on afterthought
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2010, 09:57:03 pm »
They're working on building a work-around for the Apple problem at the moment.  It's in testing with some of the Beta folks to see how well it works...

Offline Gerenb

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2010, 08:09:18 am »
Ok, I think I now have a better handle on the issue. I have bluetooth turned off BTW. I usually display a customized status screen as the first visible screen when I open the app after it is "running" in the background. If SQ Remote is unable to get a status update, the app displays the last known statuses. This causes confusion for me and others because we always assume the values are current.

The solution? Display all statuses in yellow if they have not been updated in the past 30 or 60 seconds.

Offline SquareConnectMat

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2010, 12:09:18 pm »
We have identified a workaround for the apple Bluetooth and wifi issue and will be submitting to apple in the next few day.

@gerenb can you raise a ticket on sq system for this? That way it will get tracked and worked on...thanks.

Offline Gerenb

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2010, 08:20:04 pm »
Yes, I have opened a ticket. My bluetooth has been off for months. There is definitely a problem in terms of SQ Remote's resilience to network connectivity issues when using multitasking with an iPhone 4. At times, you need to restart the app in order to get a status update. The app provides very reliable statuses upon startup.