We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Vera2-Jasco/GE45601-Trane Thermostat  (Read 21301 times)

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
Re: Vera2-Jasco/GE45601-Trane Thermostat
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2011, 10:48:36 am »
Unfortunatley, from the looks of the announcement, it's a new remote control[...]
Backlit though!
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline memry

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2011, 10:36:43 pm »
I have a Trane thermostat and a GE advanced remote controller that is a secondary.  Vera is my primary.  I have it linked to Vera, but how do I link it with the GE advanced remote controller?   When I go to z-wave setup on the Thermodstat, it asks if I want to unlink it (from Vera).   

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2011, 10:53:04 pm »
When I go to z-wave setup on the Thermodstat, it asks if I want to unlink it (from Vera).   
Just go ahead; it will not get unlinked and the GE will associate the Trane with the thermostat button.

Offline Les F

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2011, 08:16:23 am »

Actually I am probably going to take that 45601 out back and shoot it.   Somewhere during my fumbling with it a few months ago I made it the primary.  Discovered this over the weekend when I tried to put vera into the 'include' mode and it wouldn't go.   During the effort to shift primary back to vera, lost all devices.  My backup that I had was made when vera was not primary so when I restored from backup I still had no devices.

Learned a lot this weekend and felt like an idiot for sure.   I am pretty much off using that device ever again.
Google+ http://bit.ly/2MAVlkR / Instagram: http://bit.ly/2lIcsFT / Pinterest http://bit.ly/2KCSYRm (Yes, Pinterest is for guys too! take a look)

Offline RastusB2

• I KNEW I shouldn't have stomped those grapes!
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2011, 05:17:09 pm »
I too have made this same mistake, and all for using a remote that will only do GROUPS and the classic ALL ON & ALL OFF.
Anyway, I contacted MIOS support and Daniel Stephen repied with:
Currently the only way to make Vera your primary controller is to reset the z-wave network. To do that you have to go to Z-Wave device -> Advanced and click on Reset Z-Wave network. Unfortunately this will remove all your devices and you will have to exclude and then include them back into your Vera unit.
In the future versions of our firmware this primary/secondary feature won't be available anymore so you won't have any more problems like this.
As for the GE 45601, our engineers are still working on this. An interesting Forum discussion was started here: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=4955.0
  As for me, I'll wait on the upgrade :)
GE/Jassco Duplex Outlets -16-, GE 3 Way Dimmer -6-, GE 2 Way Dimmers
-8-, GE Lamp Modules -6-. GE Appliance Module -8-, Leviton VRI06-1L  Vizia RF + 600W Incandescent Scene Capable Dimmer-VRI06-1LX, Schlage Dead Bolt, Schlage/Trane Thermostat, Schlage IP wired Camera -3,-Vera 3 UI5 v1.5.408

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2011, 05:27:37 pm »
[...]MIOS support [...] repied with:[...]In the future versions of our firmware this primary/secondary feature won't be available anymore[...]
Implying that Vera will always want to be primary?

Anyway, I run Vera as primary and GE remotes as secondary. The GEs control some of the lights, a thermostat and have some scenes assigned to them.

Offline memry

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2011, 11:55:36 am »
OK.  I tried to link the GE Advance Remote with my Trane Thermostat (Vera is the primary and the remote a secondary).    I selected Z-Wave set up in the menu on the thermostat.   It asked if I want to remove it from the network.  I selected yes (with the expectation that it really woudn't remove it).   I had the GE Advanced Remote ready to add the thermonstat (it said it was waiting), but nothing happened on the remote's side.  I waited 5-10 seconds and it was not added to the remote.  Any thoughts?

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2011, 09:07:48 pm »
[...]but nothing happened on the remote's side.  I waited 5-10 seconds and it was not added to the remote.  Any thoughts?
Just now I tried switching a GE to a different Trane. That worked. And then back to the Trane it was controlling previously. That worked.

So, all I can think of is: try again?

Offline myhomeserver

• http://www.MyZwave.net
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2011, 10:26:29 am »
Same issue here with me, Im running 1245 beta and have a Trane and 2 GE remotes (advanced and the 45601 home theatre)

I have Vera2 as primary, Ge Remotes as secondary, following the exact steps it just won't work. 
MyZWave.net - See Our Z-Wave product Reviews
(formerly MyHomeServer)

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2011, 10:56:16 am »
I have Vera2 as primary, Ge Remotes as secondary, following the exact steps it just won't work. 
Just checked one of my GE's and it still can control the thermostat. (This is after some shifting the primary role around, Z-Wave upgrade to 3.20, Vera upgrade to .1245, including migration.)

Have you re-included the GE to Vera, so the GE has the latest network information? This would make a difference if you added the thermostat to Vera after you added the GE.

Offline myhomeserver

• http://www.MyZwave.net
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2011, 11:29:39 am »
Yes, I did an update (another receive) and still nothing.  Not sure why, I also tried it using my GE Advanced remote, no go.

I'll mess around more and post more info if I get it to work

thanks,
MyZWave.net - See Our Z-Wave product Reviews
(formerly MyHomeServer)

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2011, 09:41:25 am »
I'll mess around more and post more info if I get it to work
Any luck?

I actually just added a Trane to a Leviton remote as well. So the Trane can now be controlled by Vera (.1245/3.20; primary), a GE 45601 (secondary) and a Leviton VRCPG (secondary).

So I still think going through the Z-Wave install menu on the Trane is equivalent to putting it in include/exclude mode, like for other devices. After all, it is the controller that determines what happens: include, exclude, just picking up the NodeID etc.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 09:43:07 am by oTi@ »

Offline napolitano172

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2011, 09:36:36 am »
I've been using Vera for about a year now - had all of this working including the GE45601 remote with the thermostat button.  I upgraded the controller to (.1245/3.20; primary), a GE 45601 (secondary) and everything still worked.  Then I installed a new camera and by my own mistake really screwed everything up.  I couldn't even get Vera to restore from a backup so I had to start over.  I completed the rebuild yesterday - flashed Vera, upgraded the firmware and then rebuilt all of my devices.  Now I'm finding out that the GE remote works but I can't get the thermostat button to work.  It was very simple before, but now nothing that I do will add it to the GE remote.  I have 2 trane thermostats and 2 GE remotes and no matter what pairing I try I can't get them to sync for the thermostat function.
I'm wondering, do you think it is related to 3.2?  As before everything worked, even after I upgraded it still all worked but the device had been paired under the earlier 2.7.  Now that I've paired on the newer it doesn't seem to want to pair with the GE remote anymore.
Any one else notice this?

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2011, 09:42:40 am »
I have 2 trane thermostats and 2 GE remotes and no matter what pairing I try I can't get them to sync for the thermostat function.
Did you include the thermostats before the remotes? Alternatively, have you re-included the remotes after you completed including everything else?

Offline napolitano172

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2011, 12:27:53 pm »
Posted by: oTi@  Posted on: Today at 05:42:40 am 
Did you include the thermostats before the remotes? Alternatively, have you re-included the remotes after you completed including everything else?

Yes - I included all of the devices first and confirmed all was working.  Then I included the remotes.  I've even played with the remotes a little and re-included again and still nothing.  I know it talks to Vera as the scenes are working, but I can't get the Thermostat to include.  It was so easy the first time I did it - nothing else has really changed - odd thing.