We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Puck Ordered!  (Read 20726 times)

Offline mike_1103

Re: Puck Ordered!
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2010, 07:14:03 am »
John,

I can confirm Amazon accepts order from Canada: I placed my order about 30 minutes ago!

Thanks for checking Canadian certification so quickly, we appreciate that.

Mike.
... not using VERA anymore.

Offline jackpot

« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2010, 11:13:55 am »
Are you guys still planning to start shipping Blaster orders on the 18th ? Looking forward to trying it out ! Been using the free SQ Remote until I get my Blaster. Sure works good.

Thanks
Vera 3....1.5.622

Offline SquareConnectMat

« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2010, 08:12:19 pm »
Yes we are....

Offline SquareConnectJohn

« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2010, 01:22:29 am »
Hi All...

Just a quick note to let you all know that we began shipping today! We hope to clear the backlog of orders over the next 24-48 hours.

John
Square Connect Co-Founder

Offline tt55du

« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2010, 05:46:55 pm »
Just Ordered Mine, news of the emitters being more powerful is giving me hope that it'll work better with my wonky SageTV IR receiver.  Sadly, the SageTV was not in the DB and I'll have to get the puck to learn all the codes.

I will be interested in how the learning goes. I am not familiar with SageTV so if you have any issues please feel free to connect with me directly.

Mat, the learning works REALLY well, very pleased.  At first my sageTV exhibited the same behavior as the harmony  in where cursor presses could move the selector anywhere from 1 to 4 spaces.  I had to adjusted alot of timings with my Harmony and it still never worked right.  I didn't see those same timings adjustments in the Puck and got worried, but then I figured it out.  The IR learner was asking that I hold the button down so what it was learning was a rapid fire of button presses per one key press fro SQ.  So I decided to just tap the button once and the IR learner picked it up just fine.  I never bother to try this with harmony because the sageTV was already in it's db. Super happy that I can control my device without this erratic behavior!

btw, I think some the db codes are doing this as i get multiple press actions from some buttons.  Not positive, but I'll make a note next time I notice

FYI, I've already found some errors in your db.  Specifically my samsung TV has solid color buttons (red, green, blue, yellow), the SQ db has them in there but they do different things.  Nice thing is once I figured it out I was just able to learn a code right over it.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 05:48:48 pm by tt55du »

Offline SquareConnectMat

« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2010, 06:25:05 pm »
Excellent on the learning. Glad it worked.

To get really technical, if a remote is one of the common IR protocols we interpret that and then when we replay, we know the protocol and accurately replay it. If the learning algorithm doesnt understand the protocol, you are right, it learns it as a stream (like most pronto hex codes). We also do some stuff with 'toggle codes' which is why we ask to record twice... see if we can detect the toggle and 'most of the time' we replay correctly. This is a bit deep into the IR stuff, but we have found that most of time we learn and replay correctly.

There are some subtle things with blasting in addition: We have two modes for blasting 'press and hold' and press once. When we 'press once' we instruct the blaster to take the code it has and precisely blast it the number of times we have requested with the 'repeat' field. When we press and hold, we start blasting for a minimum time and then continue if we continue to get 'keep going' packets from SQ Remote.

It could be that the 'minimum blast time' is a little high. Perhaps we should change the default and also off a fine tuning option in the UI.

Offline Maartenvt

« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2010, 01:21:03 pm »
SquareConnectMat what is the status of the Europe release? cant wait to play with the puck :D
Vera Edge (Firmware rev. 1.7.2406), 1x Düwi INTERACT³ light switch, 1x  ZIR010 Motion Sensor.

« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2010, 02:52:10 pm »
We have received the paperwork that gives us CE certification. We expect to be selling to Europe very soon.

John

Offline Maartenvt

« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2010, 03:02:27 pm »
@SquareConnectJohn

Any update about selling to europe or update of SQ Remote?
Vera Edge (Firmware rev. 1.7.2406), 1x Düwi INTERACT³ light switch, 1x  ZIR010 Motion Sensor.

« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2010, 05:49:16 am »
We are now shipping to Europe. You can order through our website. We are also signing up resellers in Europe.

Offline Maartenvt

« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2010, 06:18:17 pm »
Great news