Author Topic: WAPIRZ offset parameter  (Read 883 times)

Offline w1ngz

WAPIRZ offset parameter
« on: January 18, 2017, 04:26:39 pm »
I'm googling around and can't find this. Maybe it doesn't exist.
Does anyone know the temperature offset parameter for the Linear/GoControl WAPIRZ-1?

Offline RidingTheZWave

Re: WAPIRZ offset parameter
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 06:57:03 pm »
I don't have an answer for you but just curious whether you are trying to get the new "Temperature" device reporting an actual temperature after the latest firmware? The previous versions of the firmware never actually had this device. Looking at the advanced, parameters section of the device it shows that it is currently configured to use "urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:MotionSensor:1" rather than "urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:TemperatureSensor:1". The same applies to the "device_file" and "device_json" parameters which refer to motion sensor files rather than temperature.

I gather changing the above values and creating the required "urn:upnp-org:ServiceId:TemperatureSensor1" service and "CurrentTemperature" variable would fix the problem.  ???
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 07:21:05 pm by RidingTheZWave »

Offline w1ngz

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 07:43:05 pm »
I don't have an answer for you but just curious whether you are trying to get the new "Temperature" device reporting an actual temperature after the latest firmware? The previous versions of the firmware never actually had this device. Looking at the advanced, parameters section of the device it shows that it is currently configured to use "urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:MotionSensor:1" rather than "urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:TemperatureSensor:1". The same applies to the "device_file" and "device_json" parameters which refer to motion sensor files rather than temperature.

I gather changing the above values and creating the required "urn:upnp-org:ServiceId:TemperatureSensor1" service and "CurrentTemperature" variable would fix the problem.  ???

I get the temperature from it using the 'Additional temperature device' plugin. It reports the 'current temperature' value on a separate device. The problem is, it is consistently 1 degree lower than all my thermostats and other (different type) sensors. Hence my wanting the offset, to correct it by 1. I'm pretty sure my use of the new firmware doesn't change anything, as it was never accurate.

Offline RidingTheZWave

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 05:55:49 pm »
I use the same plugin as well to get the temperature from the sensors. However, after upgrading to the latest firmware (1.7.2414) for my Vera Plus, an additional child device was created (eg. Basement Temp) which serves no purpose other than adding another device to the motion sensors list as it doesn't do anything. Did you get these additional child devices created after the firmware upgrade?

Offline w1ngz

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 06:17:02 pm »
I use the same plugin as well to get the temperature from the sensors. However, after upgrading to the latest firmware (1.7.2414) for my Vera Plus, an additional child device was created (eg. Basement Temp) which serves no purpose other than adding another device to the motion sensors list as it doesn't do anything. Did you get these additional child devices created after the firmware upgrade?

Yes I did. I moved the extraneous one to my zStuff 'room' where I also put the House Modes, PLEG and DataMine plugin devices.
To get back on topic, no one has any ideas if/how to get a temp offset on this thing?