We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Motion sensor arm-bypass status  (Read 3187 times)

Offline CCC

Motion sensor arm-bypass status
« on: October 09, 2010, 04:49:56 pm »
First, let me say that SQ Remote is fantastic! It is the one app that I use every day for control of my Vera system. In my opinion, Vera would be practically useless without it.
I recently purchased two ZIR000 motion sensors. They are set up so that when they are armed, they will send me a txt message when tripped. When I set up status indicators for these motion sensors on SQ remote, the only status info available is 'OK' and 'Tripped'. I have an 'Away' scene that turns off lights and arms the sensors, but there is no way to tell if the sensors are Armed or Bypassed. I can go to Ivera (which I also have, but rarely use) and check their status there (Ivera gives 'Arm', 'Bypass', and 'Tripped' status) but that's kind of a pain. Is there any chance, in a future update, that more detailed status info for motion sensors could be added?

Looking forward to getting the SQ blaster and controlling my AV system via SQ Remote!

Offline SquareConnectJohn

Re: Motion sensor arm-bypass status
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 02:03:15 am »
CCC - we will definitely look at this for you. Expect to see this in a future update.

Note to everyone... If you see a missing state that you expect on a sensor - please let us know and we will incorporate it if we can!

Square Connect Co-Founder

Offline SquareConnectMat

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 03:23:14 pm »
[quot author=CCC link=topic=4568.msg24711#msg24711 date=1286657396]
First, let me say that SQ Remote is fantastic! It is the one app that I use every day for control of my Vera system. In my opinion, Vera would be practically useless without it. ...
Looking forward to getting the SQ blaster and controlling my AV system via SQ Remote!
[/quote]

<blush>

Thanks ccc. At this point in our companies life, after working very hard for a long time, getting this sort of feedback keeps us focused on improving and making the product better...

What would be great is if you (and everyone else who find our app useful), were to write a review on our latest version on the app store. Even just giving a high star rating on the current version really helps us. Each version is rated separately.

I was reading recently that if somebody had a problem with an app, they are 7 times more likely to leave a rating than if they are happy with the product...After our experience of launching this product, i realized how much more useful it is to give specific feedback to a developer than just a 1 star rating. So I ask anyone who doesnt feel they can leave a good rating,  to leave feedback on our ticket system. We read every one and try and respond within 24 hours. Since we launched, I think we have achieved this in all but one or two cases. Of course we also read this forum, but sometimes ideas get lost in the midst and we have a more formal approach to analysis of of our ticket system.

You can just email mailto:support_ticket@squareconnect.com and the system automatically creates a ticket from the email and sends back a ticket number that you can then track progress on.   

Many of the feature improvements of the app have come from analyzing the tickets - for example our new "carousel" implementation - which I always liked just got a lot better - gets to where you want in just one click.

And of course, we keep reading this forum for issues and suggestions...

Thanks again from the support and feedback CCC, looking forward to hearing more of your requests.

Mat

renato

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 06:42:11 pm »
i am kind of undecided between sq remote and ivera for over a month now. i downloaded the ivera free on my iphone and i can turn on/off my two dimmable devices. i also downloaded the free sq remote and can also see my two dimmable devices but unable to turn them on/off.

Offline SquareConnectMat

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 08:23:28 pm »
Hi renato

Please feel free to raise a support ticket to find out what the issue is.

Thanks in advance,

Mat