We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: New European Thermostat HRT4-ZW  (Read 119681 times)

Offline VeraUser

• Sr. Newbie
Re: New European Thermostat HRT4-ZW
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2011, 03:19:55 pm »
Looking forward to your report!

Offline markbawden

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2011, 06:40:11 pm »
HRT-ZW arrived today, spent 4 hours tonight trying to get it to work.

No luck, I'm ready to dump Vera.

Offline markbawden

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2011, 09:21:22 pm »
It's now 2AM and I'm calling it a night. Emailed tech support. Let's hope I've not wasted £80.

Offline decoris

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2011, 06:12:15 am »
did you succeed to make it work?

did you get feedback from horseman?

Eric

Offline markbawden

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2011, 07:26:30 am »
Not yet Eric, but i've had a reply from Micasaverde suggesting that it will/should work with the forthcoming firmware update - which is due in the "next few days", the email also said that if it didn't work after the upgrade to contact them.

SO, i've kept the thermostat, hopefully It will work eventually.

I've mentioned in all my correspondence with Micasaverde that its in their interest to get this working, as it's presently the only available stat for europe and other countries on the same 868.42 mhz frequency.

i'll be annoyed if they don't, but on the upside it's a great stat, really simple, well designed and responsive. (it is a very simple on off at set point operation, no timers etc, so perfect of a zwave system once it's working).
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 11:53:20 am by markbawden »

Offline decoris

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2011, 11:39:41 am »
i'll Wait for your report then, hopefully this new firmware isn't too far away...

thanks,

eric

Offline marceld

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2011, 03:29:25 pm »
I was trying to find a dealer of this product in the Netherlands, but it seems hard to get one. Only UK webshops have the product, but those shops don't deliver to the mainland.

So Mark, if you get it working, can you also tell me how you ordered your piece? Or are you living in the UK?

Offline atom-solutions

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2011, 04:56:36 pm »
Hi there.
The Horstmann HRT4-ZW thermostat with ASR-ZW receiver should be available within a week or so from our web shop (www.atom-solutions.com)... shipping to any EU destination. We've been waiting for a long time for this... 8)

Offline Jackpost

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2011, 03:57:08 am »
I was trying to find a dealer of this product in the Netherlands, but it seems hard to get one. Only UK webshops have the product, but those shops don't deliver to the mainland.

Marcel, http://www.heatingcontrolsonline.co.uk can ship the HRT4-ZW to The Netherlands, send them an email and they will send you information how to order.

Jack

Offline Jackpost

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2011, 04:09:14 am »
Not yet Eric, but i've had a reply from Micasaverde suggesting that it will/should work with the forthcoming firmware update - which is due in the "next few days", the email also said that if it didn't work after the upgrade to contact them.

SO, i've kept the thermostat, hopefully It will work eventually.

I've mentioned in all my correspondence with Micasaverde that its in their interest to get this working, as it's presently the only available stat for europe and other countries on the same 868.42 mhz frequency.

i'll be annoyed if they don't, but on the upside it's a great stat, really simple, well designed and responsive. (it is a very simple on off at set point operation, no timers etc, so perfect of a zwave system once it's working).

Mark,

Did you upgrade to 1183 and did it solve your issue's with the HRT4-ZW?

Thanks,

Offline markbawden

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2011, 11:54:27 am »
Yes, i've installed 1183, it's made no difference, but i haven't had a good chance to play with it yet. Going to try and get it wotking this week, and if a no go, contact micasaverde - they said they'd help, so hopefully...

Offline markbawden

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2011, 12:07:59 pm »
Incidentally, I've just seen the hrt4 -zw is for sale at zwave-products.co.uk  priced at £299 glad i bought mine from www.heatingcontrolsonline.co.uk/for it's rrp of £70.

Offline markbawden

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2011, 05:41:44 pm »
Been playing with thermostat and latest firmware for a couple of hours.  Still not working. BUT... I can pair both the switching unit and the thermostat itself.

The switching unit shows up as a thermostat in Vera's UI, and reflects the current mode, (ie heating/off/auto, I can override these via vera, (as if i'd pressed the overide button on the switching unit. I can also set a setpoint, and get the message back that it's been transmitted ok, (but it doesn't actually change anything).

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to associate the thermostat portion with the switching unit via vera. It shows up as a thermostat showing -3277 degrees, (makes no difference whether set to F or C). turning up the setpoint on the thermostat doesn't turn on the switching unit.

I've ended up re-pairing the thermostat with the switching box, it now controls the boiler, and i can still use the override via vera or SQremote.

Micasaverde are you listening? It would be great to get the only available z wave thermostat outside the US working - especially as it's now being sold beside vera in online shop in the UK.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 05:43:26 pm by markbawden »

Offline Jackpost

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2011, 01:35:38 pm »
Sorry to hear the 1183 did not solve the HRT4-ZW issue.....

I am tired of waiting for an EU stat, will go ahead and order the stat at heatingonline...hoping the issue's get resolved some day.

When I have installed my stat I will let you know what does and/or doesn't work on my vera...

Offline achalhoub

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2011, 05:14:41 am »
Guys , any news about this termostat?

I think a walkthrough document would be a great tool for the rest of us to follow!!