We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: New European Thermostat HRT4-ZW  (Read 119786 times)

Offline hilgie

• Sr. Newbie
Re: New European Thermostat HRT4-ZW
« Reply #255 on: April 27, 2013, 06:08:03 am »
read this
http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/HRT4-ZW

Time interval

Also, what I don't understand is that all the values as described in the link above are already standard when I pair the HRT4-ZW with Vera. So, I don?t have to do this. Any idea why this is?

In the instructions which parkerc pointed me to, there is no mention of adding an association in Vera manually.

But, in the end the problem I'm having is that the ASR-ZW won't show up in Vera. If that can't be done then the whole setting won't work.

Offline parkerc

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
  • Life Moves Pretty Fast....
« Reply #256 on: April 27, 2013, 08:49:22 am »
Hi @hilgie

Did you exclude both devices from Vera first ? Press Reload a few time to ensure they have been completely removed from the dashboard.

Once they have disappeared, try to include them both again and ensure that both are listed on the UI
I never had a flashing light on my AZR-ZW so I personally would not worry about that.
(Both should be listed so they can be grouped together)

Thought..
The new firmware may well auto populate a number of device settings for you, those of us who had these earlier had to fumble our way through the set up a lot more. It's possible things may have changed with the new firmware - are you on the latest one -  1.5.622?

Offline hilgie

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #257 on: April 28, 2013, 03:29:33 am »

Did you exclude both devices from Vera first ? Press Reload a few time to ensure they have been completely removed from the dashboard.

Once they have disappeared, try to include them both again and ensure that both are listed on the UI
I never had a flashing light on my AZR-ZW so I personally would not worry about that.
(Both should be listed so they can be grouped together)

I never have seen the ASR-ZW in Vera... The network button on the ASR-ZW works, because I can pair with HRT4-ZW.

My maine goal is to get the ASR-ZW into Vera. If I have got that working, then the whole association shouldn't be a problem.

Thought..
The new firmware may well auto populate a number of device settings for you, those of us who had these earlier had to fumble our way through the set up a lot more. It's possible things may have changed with the new firmware - are you on the latest one -  1.5.622?

Automatic scan of firmware told me I was running the latest firmware... but since I was on 1.5.4 I've been folled by Vera... So manually running the firmware upgrade now.

Offline hilgie

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #258 on: April 28, 2013, 04:29:43 pm »
This describes the way to include The Horstmann HRT4-ZW (thermostat) and the ASR-ZW (relay switch) into Vera and to make the both devices work together without Vera. A big part of the credits go to user 'Turk4U2' which made an instruction which I used and tweaked.

Note that this instruction has been written with the use of a Vera Lite with UI5 and firmware version 1.5.622. I've read many other instructions which were written for lower Vera versions, lower UI versions and lower firmware versions. All of these instructions didn't work for me, hence this instruction.

Also note that the Horstmann HRT4-ZW and the ASR-ZW are being sold today as a 'Secure SRT321' (Thermostat) and 'Secure SSR303' (relay switch). This is becasue Horstmann is part of the secure group (see www.securetogether.eu).

Before you start with anything, configure the thermostat and relay switch BEFORE you install the thyem into your house on the proper place (thermostat at the wall in the living room and relay switch near your heating system). It is way more easy to include these devices in Vera if you have your Vera attached to the network (other then running your Vera in battery mode to include). Also, don't pair the thermostat and the relay switch according to the manual of the manufacter as this instruction is not ment to include the devices into Vera (or any other z-wave network/switch like Vera). If you happen to pair them according to the user manual, no worries. You can go back to the factory settings by doing the follwing: On the HRT4-ZW put DIP switch 1 to 1; Use the Dial to go to 'P'; dubbel click the Dial; put DIP switch 1 back to 0. Now you can start with the instructions below.

Adding devices to Vera 3 or Lite:

HRT4-ZW:
- DIP-switch 1 on 1
- turn the wheel to put the HRT in learning mode (L)
- put Vera in include mode (varies per Vera (Vera3 or Vera Lite))
- push the wheel so the L blinks and the ZWAVE LED on Vera blinks fast and stabilizes to blink slowly as confirmation of the include
- finally put DIP-switch 1 back to 0
- The device is now visible in Vera and can be configured by putting it in the LI mode
- The device is shown in Vera as "_Horstmann Radiator"
- Now some last configuring before going on to the ASR-ZW...
- DIP-switch 1 on 1 again
- Putting it in the LI mode avoids having to wait for the device to wake up to be configured, it LIstens.
- Putting wake-up period to 256, shortest possible.
- All other settings are set correctly by Vera with UI5 (firmware 1.5.4 and above)

ASR-ZW:
- put the DIP-switch 1 to 1 on HRT4-ZW (not sure if this is needed, but this is what I did. It doesn't harm to do so...)
- Power it up and waiting it's to be included as any ZWAVE switch (like Vera). Some ASR-ZW will let you show a blinking network light, not all will do (have no idea why...)
- bringing  Vera to the ASR and put Vera in include mode (varies per Vera (Vera3 or Vera Lite))
- now pushing the ZWAVE button on the ASR (this can be seen, but not always: ASR will stop the blinking of the ZWAVE LED on the ASR and cause fast blinking of the ZWAVE LED on Vera for a second. The green ON LED blinks a couple of time on the ASR and ten the red OFF LED remains on as confirmation that the ASR is included.)
- If you include vera through the webinterface (which I did) then it might be the case that nothing is happening. Use the "I'm activating the device, but it's not adding to the list" option.
- In my case, the network light on the ASR-ZW started to blink red and Vera included the ASR-ZW
- The device is shown in Vera as "_Horstmann Relay"
- put the DIP-switch 1 back to 0 on the HRT4-ZW

Associate the Themostat (HRT4ZW) to the Relay switch (ASR_ZW):

Now, both devices are know in Vera, but they as not paired with each other. But, since both devices are in Vera, we can do this through the webinterface of Vera.
- Go to 'Devices' in Vera and click on the wrench of the device "_Horstmann Radiator"
- Go to 'Device Options'
- Scroll down and you see the sub-section 'Associations'
- At Group ID you type 1 and press 'Add group'
- Now you have a group for the "_Horstmann Radiator"
- We now have to associate the "_Horstmann Radiator" with the "_Horstmann Relay"
- We are still at the sub section Associations and at 'Group ID 1' we press 'Set'
- Now scroll to the device "_Horstmann Relay" and check it (click square)
- Now scroll all the way down and press 'Back to ZWave options'
- Close the settings page of the "_Horstmann Radiator" (top right, click x)
- Press save (right top in Vera web interface)
- Now, put the DIP-switch 1 to 1 on the HRT4-ZW
- Putting it in the LI mode avoids having to wait for the device to wake up to be configured, it LIstens
- Go to 'Devices' in Vera and click on the wrench of the device "_Horstmann Radiator"
- Go to 'Settings' and click 'Poll now'
- The "_Horstmann Radiator" will now be updated with the proper settings (wait for Vera to
say that the device has been polled correctly)
- Now, put the DIP-switch 1 back to 0 on the HRT4-ZW

Ok, this is it. Now you can test your heating system. It should work with the HRT4-ZW (this is instant) and with Vera (this can take up to max. 256 seconds).

Good luck!

Offline bz2ruebe

« Reply #259 on: May 18, 2013, 01:37:41 am »
Has anybody ordered the HRT4-ZW with the Centaurplus ZW? Link

I can successfully connect both to my vera lite but I can only toggle the Centaurplus On/Off when the unit is actually toggled to turn the heating on. i.e. from the timer schedule or the advance button.

I haven't really looked into much more just yet but I wonder could the device be queried for the configured schedule and the state of the advance button.

Even if I cannot access the schedule on the device it would be great to toggle the state of the advance setting, that way I can give the heating a quick blast in the morning say if the temperature outside drops below a setpoint.

Also i am a new poster here on the forum, what the hell  is the story with having to use verification methods for every post made if you are a registered user?

Hi,
i have the same problem. Any working solutiion ?
greetings from hungary

Offline slyjj2

« Reply #260 on: September 11, 2013, 04:35:38 am »
Hello

Any one knows how to make the relay switch reports its status (on/off) INSTANTLY in Vera UI ?

it should be possible since relay switch is not battery operated / i get correct status only when vera poll
the relay (but i would like the relay to report its status to vera r?al time instead)

Thank you and apology if the matter has been addressed previously

Offline parkerc

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #261 on: September 12, 2013, 03:44:48 am »
Hi

I don't think you can tell if the ASR-ZW is on or not. I think this is because it is designed to be and is set up as a receiver.

There might be a way on the HRT4-ZW to tell if the on command has been set. I did try to find it a while ago but has little success. I recall there is a "Status " variable but I think I tracked that and it did not change.. 

Not much help am I ;)

UPDATE -  Under Advanced - look at ModeStatus

If you want to directly controls the ASR-ZW you can simply send the following command via a scene or PLEG.

To Turn On = SetModeTarget   NewModeTarget = HeatOn
To Turn Off = SetModeTarget   NewModeTarget = Off
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 02:44:55 pm by parkerc »

Offline parkerc

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #262 on: September 13, 2013, 11:31:26 am »
Hi

Does anyone have two of these running?

I have just installed another one, but am having trouble setting it up with Vera? Is the Group ID still one? Is there anything else I should be aware of whe adding the second ?

Offline RuiFreire

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #263 on: November 01, 2015, 05:40:16 pm »

it dosen't seem to work

--To Turn On = SetModeTarget   NewModeTarget = HeatOn
--To Turn Off = SetModeTarget   NewModeTarget = Off

actuador_caldeira = 206
luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1", "SetModeTarget", {NewModeTarget = Off}, actuador_caldeira)