We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: IVera not working on 1.0.996  (Read 2740 times)

Offline Don Diego

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 534
  • Karma: +300/-3
IVera not working on 1.0.996
« on: October 13, 2010, 12:58:23 pm »

IVera (version 1.02, 1.03) does not work remotely on UI2 (unlike 1.01). I was led to assume that this was a UI2 specific issue but reading other posts it seems like iVera is also unreliable on UI3 (and possibly UI4).

With 4,560 registered users of the MiCasaVerde forum and less than 2 percent acknowledge moving to UI4 (see poll http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=4141.0) wouldn't it be prudent to focus more on the other 98% of the users that are stilling having problems connecting using iVera on UI2/UI3?

Does the increased bugs on iVera 1.02 and 1.03 suggest it's time to roll back to 1.01?
Vera 3 (@1.5.622) (3); Vera Plus (2);
Trane/Schlage TStats (1); Schlage Deadbolt (2); Kwikset Lock (3);  GE 45602 Dimmer (14); GE 45603 Dimmer (17); HSM-100 (16); Everspring Siren (8), Everspring Temp/Humidity (4); HSM 200 (1)

Offline iVera

  • Moderator
  • Jr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 96
  • Karma: +0/-0
Re: IVera not working on 1.0.996
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 08:57:53 pm »
Jack,

   Without trying to get into an argument here, I am not convinced your interpretation of those data is totally accurate and from the users who answered the poll, 88% are actually using UI4. Also, as far as I know, all Vera units currently sold already have been shipping with UI4 installed and although I do not have any metrics, from the feedback I get from users, most of them are using UI4 and most of them find iVera's latest update more stable and enjoy the new features.

iVera 1.0.3 was indeed rolled out  to fix some port issue when connecting remotely to UI2 (which by the way has never been an officially supported UI in iVera) and was tested/confirmed to work by other users as well (http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=4433.15).

I sent you an email as I would like to understand/fix what is going on with your setup but as I also already mentioned to you, I would be happy to send you a 1.0.1 build if you prefer going back to this version.
iVera ... control your house!
www.thinkiwi.com

Offline iVera

  • Moderator
  • Jr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 96
  • Karma: +0/-0
Re: IVera not working on 1.0.996
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 07:54:23 pm »
For everyone's information, this issue was root caused and ended up coming from a bug in MCV's locator_json script which is used to gather the user's Vera information (local IP, remote server, ...).

MCV notified me that they fixed the problem so now both local and remote access for UI2 users should work again as expected - no need for an update version of iVera.
iVera ... control your house!
www.thinkiwi.com

Offline mdconnelly

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 96
  • Karma: +0/-0
Re: IVera not working on 1.0.996
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 08:13:42 pm »
Thanks!!