Author Topic: Server Busy....  (Read 1776 times)

infofiend

Server Busy....
« on: October 21, 2010, 07:57:42 pm »
I am experiencing a "Server Busy" issue with my Vera 2 (UI4).  I unplugged the unit to pair it with a schlage lock using the portable power brick.  I was able to pair the lock, then I plugged it back in to the network and the normal AC power. 

I have since been unable to get into the dashboard, and the Vera remains "busy" - at least 2 hours now.  What should I do?

JOD

• Beta Testers
Re: Server Busy....
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 08:55:16 pm »
Let it run through the night and then let us know.
It could be configuring or performing a heal, did you add any hard wired devices too?
It could also have locked up. Leave it alone for a while and as a last resort do a power cycle.
Have you refreshed the page only to see the same thing? That's usually an indicator its working, if its locked up you will see a blank page.
When this first happened to me I did a Telnet session and was able to get in and see it was indeed configuring and polling devices, there is just not enough processing power and memory capacity sometimes to do what it needs to do and allow you in so it appears busy or loading.

JOD.
I'm sorry, my responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.

infofiend

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 10:03:38 pm »
Thanks for the advice.

No other devices added.  I have refreshed the page many times - it is always the same thing. It has been close to  hours now.  Thats a little long for only having 1 additional device, no?

infofiend

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 10:05:14 pm »
One other strange thing occurred about an hour ago.  All of my lights got turned on.

I guess this shows that the Vera is polling or something?  I really don't understand the inner workings of it.

infofiend

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 04:54:09 am »
ok, its now morning and its still "Server Busy." 

CMRancho

• Beta Testers
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 05:05:06 am »
Sometimes "Server busy" means my session has timed out. If I go back to cp.mios.com again and log in, the page will load and function again.

Other than that, unplug Vera and let her cold reboot.
Vera123beta; Schlage, Kwikset, TZEMT400; Linksys cams, Smarteye cams, HSM100; Aeon, Everspring, Cooper, Leviton, Intermatic, FortrezZ, Global Caché, USB-UIRT, Somfy, etc.

JOD

• Beta Testers
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 05:27:04 am »
Thats a true statement and something I would like improved (when my banking session times out I atleast get a pop up letting me know) but after you have used Vera for a while you will figure out when to wait and when to power cycle. More often than not it will need the power cycle but I didnt want to say that yesterday in case it was still working in the background. Just dont power cycle when going through a FW change, always wait long enough to make sure it completed.

JOD.
I'm sorry, my responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.

zmistro

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2010, 07:15:22 am »
Thats a true statement and something I would like improved (when my banking session times out I atleast get a pop up letting me know) but after you have used Vera for a while you will figure out when to wait and when to power cycle. More often than not it will need the power cycle but I didnt want to say that yesterday in case it was still working in the background. Just dont power cycle when going through a FW change, always wait long enough to make sure it completed.

JOD.

You should not need to power cycle , what is the point of this device then?

CMRancho

• Beta Testers
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2010, 07:20:49 am »

You should not need to power cycle , what is the point of this device then?

Dude, I've been asking myself that question a lot lately.
Vera123beta; Schlage, Kwikset, TZEMT400; Linksys cams, Smarteye cams, HSM100; Aeon, Everspring, Cooper, Leviton, Intermatic, FortrezZ, Global Caché, USB-UIRT, Somfy, etc.