We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Pleased as PUCK  (Read 1730 times)

Offline jackpot

Pleased as PUCK
« on: October 25, 2010, 04:41:39 pm »
Just wanted to say that I am very pleased with the Puck I recieved. It works extremely well and had it up and running in no time. Sure wish MCV could do this well with Vera2.
The only question I have is I have two buttons on the bottom of the Puck labeled A and B. Could someone define their use for me ?

Thanks for a Great product that WORKS!
Vera 3....1.5.622

Offline SquareConnectMat

Re: Pleased as PUCK
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 04:47:48 pm »
Glad you like it.

Buttons.

Button B press once and it will forcebily drop off the network and rejoin.

Press and hold for 5 seconds or more, and it will go into 'ad-hoc' mode where it creates its own 'adhoc' network. can be useful in certain circumstances.

Button A - Currently does nothing. There are plans for it though <grin>

Mat

Offline SquareConnectJohn

Re: Pleased as PUCK
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 04:50:43 pm »
Aaahhh the mystery of the buttons... A and B...

Now the latest manual (http://www.squareconnect.com/documents.html) does let slip that button B (the one off-center) can be used to put the Blaster into Ad-Hoc mode........

Button B is in fact the reset button and doubles as the "force into ad-hoc networking" mode. If you press this button for more than 5 seconds the device will drop off the network and create its own network called sq-blaster-xxxx.local, where xxxx is the last 4 digits of the mac address. Giving it a quick press (again) will cause it to drop out of ad-hoc and to rejoin the last known network.

Button A is reserved for additional (future) functionality.

Glad you like the Blaster!

Postscript.
Was about to post this ... but Mat beat me to it with a shorter answer.... Grrrrrr
Square Connect Co-Founder