We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: new installation with puck, no scene control  (Read 5656 times)

Offline woodsby

• Beta Testers
Re: new installation with puck, no scene control
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2010, 07:55:51 am »
@tt55du, did you try unplugging your emitter from the splitter and plugging it back in to the splitter... rather than hitting the reset button?  That was what fixed mine every morning.

I've been racking my brain on this one, and any way I think about the stereo splitter, that can't be the problem.  So last night I decided to move the emitter wiring away from any AC power cabling... re-routed just that emitter... this morning it works fine - no reset, no unplugging...

Tonight, I'm going to check again, and if it is still working, I'll try to reproduce the problem... I'll wrap the emitter cable around the power cord to the UPS and see if that reproduces... I'm wondering if it's an induced voltage thing... or it could just be a bad wire in the cable... although when unplugging and plugging the several mornings over the last week, I was very careful not to move the cable, in case the wire was broken anywhere - tried to eliminate that as a variable...
Vera1 (1.1142), Vera2 (1.1182), VRI06 (12), VRS15 (3), VRS05 (2), VRF01 (2), VRCS4 (2), ZRW113, ZRF113 (2), 45602, 45603, TZMT400 (2), FE599 (2), 99100, Thinkstick, Harmony 890Pro (2), Harmony RF Extender, Nevo S70, Nevo NC-50, Minimote, SQ Remote, SQ Blaster, EtherRain-8, Cliste ActiveRFID, TED5002

Offline tt55du

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2010, 09:01:00 am »
I did and it works, but only if I solely plug in either the blaster or 3 head emitter.  The splitter degrades the signal bit, but I think the signal is degrading even further over time to a point that it's not working.  I have a ticket open with SQ and they are diligently working the problem.

I also have all of the  cables wrapped as well, may be causing interference

Offline SquareConnectMat

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2010, 11:54:22 am »
OK guys that is a great hint... I have been running a test here and cannot get it to degrade at all. Are you wrapping around the mains AC or the USB or both?

I will try and reproduce the exact setup you have.

Offline tt55du

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2010, 11:51:54 pm »
@woodsby,

Hey, I've been working on the issue with SQ, but I think I've been able to consistently fix the problem.  Are you ready for this?  Try waiting ~5minutes without touching anything.  This has worked 3 times in a row for me now.  btw, my cables are still tightly bundled, am not rebooting or touching any cables at all.  Not sure why yet, but I'll continue to try and also understand the issue with SQ.

Offline SquareConnectMat

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2010, 01:39:10 pm »
Hey, I've been working on the issue with SQ, but I think I've been able to consistently fix the problem.  Are you ready for this?  Try waiting ~5minutes without touching anything.  This has worked 3 times in a row for me now.  btw, my cables are still tightly bundled, am not rebooting or touching any cables at all.  Not sure why yet, but I'll continue to try and also understand the issue with SQ.

Could you guys get me the blaster log file right after this issue shows up? I cannot reproduce this issue in my lab (or my home environment).

You will need the latest Beta firmware and Setup utility to get this see http://www.squareconnect.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=67#p298
 for links to retrieve them...

Much appreciated.