Author Topic: Sun Sensor  (Read 7028 times)

Offline RHCPNG

Re: Sun Sensor
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2018, 08:52:26 am »
Just incase you have them. I am using the production data from my solar panels as input for my blinds. One thing I learned, don't make it react to quickly to changes or your blinds will go up and down all day long  ;). I use a 15 minutes averaging on the sun data to make sure two clouds do not make them go up.

Cheers Rene

Hi Rene,

Can you elaborate on how you did this? Can you share the details?

Thanks!

Offline reneboer

• Beta Testers
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2018, 05:25:33 am »
Hi,

I have an Enphase based solar system and use the Enhpase Envoy plugin I made. I have watch on the Watts variable and wait for it to be above my set threshold. If you like I can post the LUA code behind it.

Cheers Rene
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline RHCPNG

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2018, 07:03:02 am »
Hi,

I have an Enphase based solar system and use the Enhpase Envoy plugin I made. I have watch on the Watts variable and wait for it to be above my set threshold. If you like I can post the LUA code behind it.

Cheers Rene

Yes, please share the lua. That would be great! I?m still figuring out how to read out my solar panels, because I have a Ginlong/Solis inverter and there is no plugin for it. So my best chance is to figure out how to get the output to PVOutput.

Offline reneboer

• Beta Testers
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2018, 07:25:13 am »
Hi,

The code is attached. It assumes the data from the Solar system is reasonably current. With my Enhpase PVOut combination the reading I get from PVOut can be more than an hour, hour and a half old, so not sure how well that works. I did find this for the Ginlong WiFi monitoring https://www.domoticz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7941. So maybe I can add a more direct interface with less delay, but I will need some debugging help though.

I use some more sensors to make it all tick. First a rain sensor based on a local Dutch weather service, living room temp, and out side temp and forecast.

The code is used by specifying the this file as Implementation file for my sunscreen device. The sunscreen it self is controlled though a third device. Just to keep it all simple  :o

Cheers Rene
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline RHCPNG

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2018, 07:42:58 am »
Hi,

The code is attached. It assumes the data from the Solar system is reasonably current. With my Enhpase PVOut combination the reading I get from PVOut can be more than an hour, hour and a half old, so not sure how well that works. I did find this for the Ginlong WiFi monitoring https://www.domoticz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7941. So maybe I can add a more direct interface with less delay, but I will need some debugging help though.

I use some more sensors to make it all tick. First a rain sensor based on a local Dutch weather service, living room temp, and out side temp and forecast.

The code is used by specifying the this file as Implementation file for my sunscreen device. The sunscreen it self is controlled though a third device. Just to keep it all simple  :o

Cheers Rene

Thanks for the reply and file! This is quite hardcore  ;) I will need some time to figure this one out.

I have already made the request for a direct interface in your plugin thread :P. That would be great!
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,77969.msg377250.html#msg377250