We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Vera Edge rebooted 507 times in 24 Hour period  (Read 1518 times)

Offline zedrally

• Black Cat Control Systems
Vera Edge rebooted 507 times in 24 Hour period
« on: January 25, 2017, 07:42:52 pm »
Yep, possibly even more.
Our test Edge is locked in a endless reboot cycle, attempted to reset it, restarts where it was before.
Contacted CS over 7 days ago with little joy now it's time to ask the greater community if anyone has any suggestions apart from tossing it and moving onto HS.

Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, Fantem Tec and then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors, RFXComm, Broadlink RMPro & Mini plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline Chrisfraser05

Re: Vera Edge rebooted 507 times in 24 Hour period
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 03:08:00 am »
If you mention your dissatisfaction on social media suddenly they respond to your support request 😉

Offline reneboer

• Beta Testers
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 04:36:58 am »
Hi,

There must be a plugin causing this. Can you ssh to your Vera or pull the log with WinSCP to have a look.

Cheers Rene
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline Inzax

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 06:57:36 am »
If you mention your dissatisfaction on social media suddenly they respond to your support request 😉

True story. Same day response is my experience.
Proud Member of the Epic Smite Thread.
VeraSecure; Concord 4 Panel; 6 IP Cameras; Imperiehome; Housemodes; system monitor; DeusexmachinaII; Vera Concierge

Offline wilme2

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2017, 11:11:54 am »
Agreed - pull the log and let's see the restart code...
Long Live UI5!  (OK finally made the switch to UI7 in January 2018, and am pretty happy....)

Offline zedrally

• Black Cat Control Systems
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2017, 06:57:33 pm »
Thanks for the responses, as the unit is only used for testing devices, I decided to pull all non working devices and see what would happen (we use this Unit primarily for evaluation and testing of new devices in a Vera environment).
Vera took a long time to delete these, eventually leaving only devices that were Included.
I left it alone overnight and in the AM, the looping and restarting had stopped, all devices  except for one that was awaiting a wakeup had configured.
All seems good in the world again, even CS contacted me (must have read this after all), but by this stage there was no problem.
Lesson learnt: Remove any devices in the  Z-Wave network that are no longer used as Vera continually looks for them, if there are more than 5, expect a s$$$ load of restarts and a non functioning hub.
Thanks again for the Input.
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, Fantem Tec and then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors, RFXComm, Broadlink RMPro & Mini plus a Z-UNO or 2.