We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Z-URC 550 EU  (Read 14311 times)

Offline Martin

Z-URC 550 EU
« on: November 01, 2010, 03:21:44 pm »
Hello,
It seems i'm not able to connect the Z-URC remote 550 to my vera 2, I cannot get this to work. When connecting  a device only to the remote, this works fine, but to connecting it to the remote and the vera 2 seems impossible.

Could you please help me out.

Regards
    Martin

renato

Re: Z-URC 550 EU
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 05:34:02 pm »
Hello,
It seems i'm not able to connect the Z-URC remote 550 to my vera 2, I cannot get this to work. When connecting  a device only to the remote, this works fine, but to connecting it to the remote and the vera 2 seems impossible.

Regards
    Martin

i also have a Z-URC 550 US remote control but have not paired it with vera because i use HA07 intermatic as my secondary controller. i  will try to pair it soon and will let you know. right now, i am using Z-URC550 US as a remote controller for my TV, cable and 2 other DVD player/recorder.

renato

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 07:05:58 pm »
Hello,

Regards
    Martin

after reading your post, i paired my Z-URC 550US remotec to vera2 successfully. in vera, clicked add/remove devices, then clicked battery operated, handheld remote. make sure you add Z-URC as a secondary controller and let vera be the primary controller. then, i took Z-URC very close to vera. in the Z-URC manual, i followed the procedure "replicating all network and device information from a primary controller to this remote controller (aka learning mode). i tested the "all on/all off" buttons and my 2 lamp modules turn on and off. i hope this helps.

Offline Martin

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 01:24:48 pm »
thanx for the reply!!
what i did now:
all my devicec are connecten through vera2
now in vera2 I did add/remove device. add/remove z-wave device/ for batery operated etc. add one.
then on the z-urc on the back i pressed conf/remove and the 8363
vera2 found a scene controler and it is in the list
so for so good i think??
but now what...... how to controle my lamps wit the z-urc

I feel like a fool not being capable sorting this problem ;o))

Regards
      Martin

renato

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, 05:43:11 pm »
thanx for the reply!!
what i did now:
all my devicec are connecten through vera2
now in vera2 I did add/remove device. add/remove z-wave device/ for batery operated etc. add one.
then on the z-urc on the back i pressed conf/remove and the 8363
vera2 found a scene controler and it is in the list
so for so good i think??
but now what...... how to controle my lamps wit the z-urc

I feel like a fool not being capable sorting this problem ;o))

Regards
      Martin

i guess we are the only ones who has this Z-URC remote control. i am also stuck. when i press ALL ON/ALL OFF, my 2 lamps turns on/off at the same time. there were postings about how to do this the battery operated controller HA07-and i did what they said and i was able to use buttons 1 and 2 in my HA07.  this is what i did in Z-URC but did not work because i dont know how to re-add the remote again to vera2:
1. creaate a scene
2. assign an event to this scene "a scene is activated; the scene number will be the button number that you would use on the remote. example: device: Z-URC, scene event: a scene is activated, scene number 1 (for button 1 on the remote).
3. save the scene

AND THIS IS THE STEP THAT I DONT KNOW HOW TO DO: re-include Z-URC to vera2 the same you included it originally.

Offline Martin

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010, 05:14:55 am »
At least there is a reply ;o)))

Still my remote is not working together with vera2
Later today I will try your description and let you know if it worked fo me

Regards
      Martin

Offline Martin

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2010, 12:51:11 pm »
wellllll  got the light to turn on but not off ;o))
in the control panel I added my Z-urc, then I added a scene to get on light on, the scene i added an event, this even i gave it number 1, now with button 1 i can turn it on, but not off...........

Back to the drawing board ;o)))))))))))

Offline Martin

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2010, 04:22:04 pm »
damn, the vera doesnot response anymore............
Why did I buy this I will not swear

renato

Re: fall-line please help re: Z-URC 550 EU
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2010, 05:55:24 pm »
this step by step on how to create a scene and event on HA07 scene controller was posted by fall-line and it worked on my HA07 battery handheld controller. maybe he can help us resolve our issue with Z-URC handheld controller. Martin, can you tell me how to add this Z-URC controller to vera. i added it to vera by replicating it. i want to add it the conventional way. thanks.

Offline Loide

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2010, 02:31:02 pm »
I got a problem with the Remotec too...

I succesfully paired it with my Vera... I succesfully transfered the scenes... and they nearly work... with one big problem!

This is step by step that i did:

1. In my Vera2 Dashboard at "Add/Remove Device" -> "Z-Wave - Next" ->  "For battery operated handheld remotes and scene controllers you have 2 options:" -> "add one"

2. At the Remotec I put in the code "8363". They will find each other and I got the remotec at my devices in the dashboard.

3. Now i created 3 scenes for my devices:
        Light Switch: Command: light switch -> on  / Events: Remotec -> A scene is activated - > name: light on -> Wich scene number: 1
        I did the same for my dimmer and my window cover. dimmer: scene number: 2 / window cover scene number 3.

4. This i transfered to my Remotec by doing step 2 again.

5. Then button 1 works fine! I can switch my light with button 1 on/off.
    Button 3 works fine too! I can open and close my window covering with button 3 on/off.

But I got a big problem with button number 2! When I press button 2 on, it will ALWAYS switch on my dimmer AND my light switch (that is only programmed to button1)!
    If I press button 2 off, it will only switch of my dimmer.
    I definetely got no mistake in the scene or something like that! It is a problem of the remotec or the vera, or both of them :P
    I really dont know why button 2 on switches always the

I resettet the Vera and the Remotec a few times, always the same!

Does someone has an idea?! I dont know what to do now :-(

Offline Clingo

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2011, 05:20:52 pm »
Hi guys,

I have the Z-URC also, succeeded to connect with my vera2 and push scenes but I have a strange behavior ...

I can control scene with the ON buttons only (not the OFF even with "a scene is de-activated" event type), but the weird thing is that I have Scene#1 controlled by Buttons  ON-6 and ON-7,  and I have Scene#2 controlled by buttons ON-3 and ON-8

I did reset the remote to factory setting but still the same :(

Any ideas ?

Thanks ...

Offline Ap15e

• Beta Testers
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 06:52:55 pm by Ap15e »

Offline Clingo

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2011, 04:44:23 pm »
thanks for the reply ...

I agree about the bug (except that I do not have a "scene difference" of 7 but something more "random", ie: scene 1 / 6 / 7 are linked)

I will have a look on the OFF buttons link also

Thanks again !

Offline blankins

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2011, 01:12:03 pm »
Hello,

I am trying to add the remotec remote as a secondary controller on my vera V2 system.
After doing the following steps

1. In my Vera2 Dashboard at "Add/Remove Device" -> "Z-Wave - Next" ->  "For battery operated handheld remotes and scene controllers you have 2 options:" -> "add one"

2. At the Remotec I put in the code "8363". They will find each other and I got the remotec at my devices in the dashboard.

i see the scene controller in my vera V2, but is keeps saying: Waiting for wakeup to configure
and i am not able to use the remote.

Did anyone had this problem?

How can i configure the remote to work with vera?

Kind regards,

B

Offline blankins

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2011, 02:41:44 pm »
Hello,

I should have posted this earlier.
Found the solution.
I needed to repeat the step2 to load the scenes back in the remotec

All works fine now.