We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Re-pairing a WDTC-20  (Read 10158 times)

Offline robinblomquist

Re: Re-pairing a WDTC-20
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2010, 07:20:24 pm »
God afternoon and happy holidays.

Thanx for interesting dialogue. I will borrow your thread. I have a similar problem with a Schneider (before Merten) device. Its a one channel dimmer receiver that I cant reset. Since I am new to this with z-wave I did the mistake of "remove dead device" thing. I really tried to follow instruction on how to do exclude, but ... perhaps I did it wrong. Anyway, I want to exclude the receiver, but the led lamp dont react anymore, not anytime. The device is still available in the MiOS/Vera2 GUI, but in some "between" state, not working properly, not being able to exclude or include since it do not react when I push the button on the device, the lamp never reacts.

Any ideas on how to "wake it up"?

Offline reiserx

Re: Re-pairing a WDTC-20
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2010, 08:01:17 pm »
I've had a WD thermostat that didn't work anymore and instead of leaving it disconnected for days on end you just install the batteries backwards and for a second and it empties out all the capacitors instantly so it loses all memory. I would try that and then try to do an exclude again. I would use the web interface and do a full power exclude then try to include again. Or just get the Trane at Radioshack for $75 if that doesn't work.