Author Topic: How to use MIMO Lite to monitor temperature  (Read 348 times)

Offline gdahlbeck

How to use MIMO Lite to monitor temperature
« on: January 28, 2017, 02:55:31 pm »
Don't know if any one can help. What I am trying to do is monitor the temperature of an outside pipe. I have a pipe that that is wrapped with a heating cable and insulated but I need to know if the heating cable is not working and the pipe can freeze. I want to monitor the temperature of the pipe underneath the insulation and set an alarm so that I'll be notified if the temperature of the pipe goes below 35 degrees.

I bought a MimoLite I/O device and have attached a 10K Thermistor temperature probe to the inputs on the MiMO. I was hoping to use the contacts to light a light if the temp gets too low.

I talked to the tech rep at Fortrezz and he said the MimoLite could be used to monitor temperature by using a 10K thermistor probe like this one

https://www.amazon.com/Uxcell-Waterproof-Temperature-Thermal-Thermistor/dp/B016EYEFO2/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1483453720&sr=8-10&keywords=10k+thermistor+probe

I paired the MiMoLite and installed the MIMOLite plug-in. After pairing the MIMOlite, MimoBinary Sensor, MIMOGeneric Sensor, and Mimo Pulse sensor showed up on the dashboard.

That's as far as I can get and I haven't found anything in the forum on this.

I called Fortrezz and they said it can be done but they don't do anything with software.

Thanks

Offline JohnRob

Re: How to use MIMO Lite to monitor temperature
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 11:42:27 am »
Hi,

I cannot help with the MIMO but if all else fails you might try the below sensor connected to any Z Wave "contact" input.

For that mater, you could have two, one for Vera one for a standalone light.

Good luck

https://www.amazon.com/Thermostat-Switch-Circuit-Large-Flange/dp/B0026S6WGK
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 11:48:17 am by JohnRob »

Offline mcosta1969

Re: How to use MIMO Lite to monitor temperature
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 03:15:54 pm »
Did you have any luck using the MIMO Lite to monitor temperature?