We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Made a change to a notification >> unable to save configuration  (Read 2670 times)

Offline Aaron

Re: Made a change to a notification >> unable to save configuration
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2017, 10:11:10 am »
This is Vera bug ... they have been working on it ... they do not have the final solution yet ... There 7.20 beta fixes a lot more ... but will not fix if a scene (a notification is just a hidden scene) is corrupted.

There is definitely still a problem with Vera saving ... I have tried to move 12 devices into a different room and only 1 moved after the reload. I did this 4 times now.

Offline Rodger3876

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2017, 04:08:56 pm »
2 Days ago Scenes & Vera Alerts started having problems. Called Customer Support & was informed they know of the issues & to update firmware 7.20b that this has the fix or Most of the fix? I updated the firmware, Scenes & Vera Alerts Notifications are back to normal, Buttttt adding or changing Scenes along with changing Vera Alerts is still impossible. The more things Change the more they don't I Guess? Maybe next update?

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2017, 07:30:04 pm »
Keep working with support ... they need to know they do not have a final solution yet!

Offline XA44Owq26HxCq88

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2017, 01:41:27 pm »
Richard, Sounds like a good app if I could get it working.

I'm running 7.21 of the app with 1.7.2608 firmware on a VeraPlus
Nothing I do gets saved. At the end of the reload process I get the "unable to save configuration" message.
I still get my notifications from Vera, but not VeraAlerts.

Reading the posts here, it sounds like it's a known issue. Is that accurate? Should I just wait until it gets fixed with a firmware update?

Another thing - Is there a "VeraAlerts for Dummies" document? I'm looking to get my cell phone chime when a specific alert gets sent out. I see the template for this, but don't know where to put it. A step-by-step instruction would be great.

thanks

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2017, 08:14:33 pm »
At the end of the reload process I get the "unable to save configuration" message.
I do not know exactly what you are referring to here ... can you send a screen shot.
Make sure you power cycle your Vera after installing the Vera Alerts Plugin (or after upgrading).

With Vera Alerts there are two major tasks to check to get going.
1) Make sure your profile is working.
    Here you work with the Profile tab and the Send Alert tab to make sure you can send a message from Vera to your target device.
2) After (#1) is working ... Add Device notifications
    Here you add device notifications using the notifications tab of devices on your Vera. You need to specify a Vera User for this notification.
    Then in the Vera Alerts Plugin
    In Settings ... Associate the Vera Users to the Profile you want that user's alerts to be sent to (can be more than one).
    In Configure Notifications ... specify any message over ride. (This step is mandatory every time you add or modify a notification).

Offline XA44Owq26HxCq88

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2017, 09:47:09 pm »
After making a change in the messages to be sent to me, or any other variable - assigning profile, etc., when I go "back" out of the device setup, it looks like I get a series of messages in a blue bar at the top of my browser (Firefox) screen indicating the LUA has restarted, etc. . After all that I get the error message as shown in the attached screen shot.

When I return  to VeraAlerts, there are no changes, no messages for VeraAlert to use, no profiles assigned. Nothing has changed from the original status when I installed the app.

I have not power cycled the unit. According to my System Monitor App -
"Last Vera Restart 09:51:09 Sun 05 Mar 2017"
I only installed the VeraAlert app two days ago.

I'll do the power restart and see what happens and report back. I apologize for bothering you with this simple question. Is there somewhere I can go to get further instructions on how to use the program?

Offline XA44Owq26HxCq88

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2017, 09:48:37 pm »
Forgot the attachment, here it is

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2017, 12:03:04 am »
Place the output from:

http://Your.Vera.IP.Address/port_3480/data_request?id=user_data

Into a zip file. It's a big file ... You might want to edit it ... it can contain passwords and passcodes that you might not want to share.
Email it to me ... something is still corrupted ... have you ever asked MCV to fix this ?