We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: gc_retrip  (Read 1125 times)

Offline jswim788

gc_retrip
« on: February 02, 2017, 05:30:01 pm »
Can someone explain gc_retrip?
Configuration. Set this to false so that back-to-back events with the same name will be treated as one long event. Useful for repeating all-day events.

Compare that to this item on page 19 of the guide:
4. If there are two events with the same event name and the second event has the same start time as the end of the first ? they are viewed as one continuous event. i.e. the plugin does not ?untrigger? then ?retrigger?.

It sounds like #4 is active all the time, but the gc_retrip is a configuration.  As far as I can tell #4 works for all-day events even though I have gc_retrip set to the default of true.  Puzzling...

Offline Stuart

Re: gc_retrip
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 04:05:05 pm »
The wording on page 19 was left over from a prior version (before gc_retrip).  When I next publish the documentation the wording will read:

4.   If there are two (or more) events with the same event name and the second event has the same start time as the previous event end time:
If gc_retrip is set to true (the default): the second event is treated as a separate event. i.e. the plugin will trigger on the start of each event in the sequence.
If gc_retrip is set to false: the second event will be treated as an extension of the first.  i.e. the plugin will only trigger on the first event in the sequence.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 03:29:29 pm by Stuart »

Offline jswim788

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 11:30:23 pm »
4.   If there are two (or more) events with the same event name and the second event has the same start time as the previous event:
that means the same start time as the previous event's end time?  I'm pretty sure that is what is meant, just checking.  Thanks.

Offline Stuart

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 03:30:03 pm »
Yep - fixed above.  Thx