We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: error message when opening vera alerts  (Read 1992 times)

Offline wilme2

Re: error message when opening vera alerts
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2017, 01:40:31 pm »
Brand new VeraSecure install and stuck at "Error executing function vaInit(): Cannot read property 'Init' of undefined".  Initially seemed to work, but realized as I was adding in profiles and settings there was no save or back button visible in Chrome.  No way to get back to the Vera main menu at all.  Eventually did a Shift F5 refresh and now am unable to configure.  Rebooted, refreshed browser, uninstalled and reinstalled, but stuck. 

VeraSecure  1.7.3454, VeraAlerts 7.23.
Long Live UI5!  (OK finally made the switch to UI7 in January 2018, and am pretty happy....)

Offline wilme2

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2017, 02:08:04 pm »
Brand new VeraSecure install and stuck at "Error executing function vaInit(): Cannot read property 'Init' of undefined".  Initially seemed to work, but realized as I was adding in profiles and settings there was no save or back button visible in Chrome.  No way to get back to the Vera main menu at all.  Eventually did a Shift F5 refresh and now am unable to configure.  Rebooted, refreshed browser, uninstalled and reinstalled, but stuck. 

VeraSecure  1.7.3454, VeraAlerts 7.23.

It eventually started working again after I was doing other work.  I see the Close option now, but not every inituative.  Course, I am just learning to hate UI7...
Long Live UI5!  (OK finally made the switch to UI7 in January 2018, and am pretty happy....)

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2017, 04:51:00 pm »
You need to do a FULL reboot when you first Install Vera Alerts and PLEG/PLTS.
There is some init that I only do on a reboot (to make reloads faster) that need to get done at least once.

Offline wilme2

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2018, 11:06:53 pm »
You need to do a FULL reboot when you first Install Vera Alerts and PLEG/PLTS.
There is some init that I only do on a reboot (to make reloads faster) that need to get done at least once.
I am finding that true of all apps on UI7...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk