Author Topic: Alexa with virtual switch  (Read 6859 times)

Offline pls90

Re: Alexa with virtual switch
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2017, 12:45:19 am »
yes, it' android only. Sorry, I must have missed you were looking for a solution on ios.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Offline Isablend

« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2017, 05:27:54 am »
@MNB - to be honest geofencing is not there fully for me yet.   I can get it working for one phone, but my wife's (both iOS) has not proven as reliable.   I did play with the iPhone locator app for a bit, but was hoping for better overall results form the built in Vera App, but not yet 100% convinced (and it takes such a time to test for all scenarios, going into and out of the geofence).  I don't rely on it for critical elements (but wish I could).

Offline MNB

« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2017, 02:22:54 pm »
@pls90 NP, its hard enough to keep straight all the nuances ones own stuff let alone someone else...  ;D

@Isablend, thanxs for update I had that impression when it was first being touted that conceptually it was a great idea however the reliability with current iOS phone detection was the so called "Achilles heel". Looking through the various threads, I see discussions but no real "my solutions works" claims..  I'm hoping that someone can contradicts my observation(s) and provide working solution(s).
Edge-1.7.2607, VRI06-1LX Dimr (6), VS05-1LX Sw (4), GE ZW3002 Dimr (1), HA01C Outlet (12), HA02C Sw (6), HA04C Sw (4), GE Sw (2), HA05 Sw (3), MiniMote Contr (5), HSM200/100 Sensor (2), ZW100A Sensor (8), Nest thermostat (1) & Protect Fire/CO (6) Kwikset Locks (3), F18918W (1) & IP3M-9 (6) Cam's

Offline yannicks

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2017, 07:52:28 am »
Hello,

I did the modifications on D_VSwitch.xml (for category and subcategory), now a "category_num" is visible (=3) on Vera for virtual switches, but virtual switches are still not recognized to be associated to Alexa.
I tried to reboot Vera + Echo, nothing new.
Do you have any ideas ?
Thanks!

Offline shallowearth

« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2017, 02:29:57 pm »
You have to go through he setup again where you put the check mark next to the devices you want discoverable by Alexa.

Offline yannicks

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2017, 02:56:57 pm »
Yes that is what I do.
I am going to https://home.getvera.com/amazon/alexa/smarthome/devicelist but virtual devices don't appear.

According to this thread you apparently faced some issues to have it functionnal (you were stuck like me at some point).
How did you finally fix it ?
Thanks again.

Offline shallowearth

« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2017, 12:26:26 am »
Uploaded the file changes, rebooted Vera, rerun enrollment, that was it.

Offline yannicks

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2017, 06:25:11 pm »
Finally got it working today, but without any changes.
It seems that there is a synchronisation delay...

Offline PrincessCleavage

« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2018, 12:11:14 am »
Thank you for this:
Worked for me. I added the following to the device section of D_VSwitch.xml and now they show up for Alexa.

<Category_Num>3</Category_Num>
<SubCategory_Num>0</SubCategory_Num>

Offline Cor

« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2018, 05:39:22 am »
For me they won't show up.

-I changed the xml file ( see attachment).
-checked the advanced section: category_num :3
-rebooted vera
-disabled the vera skill
-enabled the vera skill
-linked
-in the vera gui >> manage alexa:

>> no virtual switched show up, anything else i can do?

Thanks,
Cor
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 05:41:16 am by Cor »

Offline ranneman

« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2018, 01:25:00 am »
Cor, your file seems to be okay, I compared it to mine and it looks similar. My setup works (although not really needed anymore as scenes now work in Alexa Routines).
Vera lite UI7 Europe, Vera Plus, Zwave.me switches/dimmers, Zwave.me plus multi switch, Fibaro switches and multi sensors, Everspring sensors motion, temp., humidity. Honeywell Evohome, Greenwave, Sonos, Brel shades, RFXCOM, MiLights, Alexa.

Offline Cor

« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2018, 03:09:52 am »
now a day later , and still they don't show up in "manage Alexa".

Anything else I can try?

Cor

Offline ranneman

« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2018, 02:02:36 am »
Cor, I did a quick test on a veralite and found that it works instantaneously. Steps I did:
1. create device via apps,
2. device type: urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:VSwitch:1
3. device file: D_VSwitch.xml
4. implementation file: I_VSwitch.xml
5. save device
6. reload luup and check device
7. go to getvera and manage alexa, It shows the newly created virtual device.
8. discover devices through alexa app shows the virtual device and can control it
Vera lite UI7 Europe, Vera Plus, Zwave.me switches/dimmers, Zwave.me plus multi switch, Fibaro switches and multi sensors, Everspring sensors motion, temp., humidity. Honeywell Evohome, Greenwave, Sonos, Brel shades, RFXCOM, MiLights, Alexa.

Offline charlescsparrow

« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2018, 10:53:18 am »
Hi all,

One quick note if it helps anyone else.  I modified the D_VSwitch.xml to add category and subcategory as suggested, but it still wasn't showing in my list of devices to expose to alexa until I added a new virtual switch.  That seemed to force it to reevaluate the list of devices and all my virtual switches immediately showed up to be exposed to alexa.  I'm guessing if I had waited the 24 hours a job would have triggered sometime to rebuild he device list, but if you're in a hurry, adding another virtual switch worked for me.

Offline timmy

« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2018, 06:23:26 pm »
Given that the exported XML file is a text file, you can edit it in a text editor such as Notepad. However, I strongly recommend that you use an application that supports XSD schema validation such as Microsoft Visual Studio.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 06:28:55 pm by timmy »