Author Topic: Sercomm Zigbee PIR Motion Sensor SZ-PIR02  (Read 279 times)

Offline synapse007

• Sr. Newbie
Sercomm Zigbee PIR Motion Sensor SZ-PIR02
« on: February 12, 2017, 12:54:24 pm »
I have Sercomm Zigbee PIR Motion Sensor SZ-PIR02 and have been unable to pair with vera plus. I know the motion sensor works since it joins my Almond+  router and Smart things hub painlessly in less than 2 seconds (I do not have these controllers on all the time -  just for testing). I want to just use vera plus and not have multiple zigbee and zway controllers at home.

The firmware from Aug 2016 http://support.getvera.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2529804-ui7-%E2%96%BE-version-7-0-17-1-7-855-1-7-2139-1-7-2138-%E2%96%BE-august-24-2016 says it supports the device. I have followed the instructions - it recognizes the device as "Generic ZigBee device" and says "Waiting for wakeup to configure device." The device is within 1 ft of controller and I have pressed the tamper button several times to wake the device. I have left it there for days to weeks but nothing happens.

I have contacted vera support who remote logged in and didn't see anything to fix on the controller. They keep asking me to press the tamper button over several emails. This has dragged on 2 months. I have written to Marc Shenker 1 week ago after being frustrated with their support.

I like this Zigbee sensor since it has adjustable rearm timer from 5 seconds to 3 minutes. The zwave sensors on the market rearm 1 minute or longer.

Any thoughts or help is greatly appreciated ?

Offline synapse007

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Sercomm Zigbee PIR Motion Sensor SZ-PIR02
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 11:31:59 am »
Bump. Anyone ?

Offline FLENOCI

Re: Sercomm Zigbee PIR Motion Sensor SZ-PIR02
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 05:26:38 pm »
Hi,
I've the same issue with my vision ZP3102 z wave motion sensor. VERA PLUS configure it just as a generic z wave device.
did you fix your problem? I'm wondering if it is a hardware problem with my sensor and whether send it back to the supplier.
br