Author Topic: Transferring from Vera 3 or Vera Lite to Vera Plus, Vera Edge, or Vera Secure  (Read 883 times)

Offline svaleb

I transferred my devices from my vera3 to veraplus about a year ago. I was aware that battery devices should be excluded and reinstalled. There have been od issues for a long time, so I asked custum care to take a look at it.
I thought my transfer went well, but that is not enough, it seems. The network is not "right".
This was there answer:
"If you go to Settings→ Z-wave Settings→ You will notice that there is a field that says something similar: House: xxxxxxxxx Node 1 Suc 0, the fact that there is ?Node 1? it means that the settings of this unit are original and not imported from a different controller .
Your settings look like this: House: xxxxxxx Node 4a Suc 0, the house ID is unique but the node should always be 1 unless you transfer the settings which means that the z-wave network is imported and it can?t get Node 1.
There is only one way to bring your Z-wave Network back to its original node, by resetting the Z-wave network and Z-wave Chip (from: Settings→ Z-wave Settings→ Go.
By doing this your Z-wave network will be wiped and you will have to start over by pairing all of your devices and recreating your scenes and configuration.
You are right, the settings can be transferred but we don?t actually recommend a transfer to our customers because, as you can see, it creates many issues with time."

I thought network was updated every night...sigh...
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 05:20:53 pm by svaleb »

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
Re: Transferring from vera3 to veraplus
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 04:51:55 pm »
This has been know and I try to remind folks when they say they are about to upgrade.
When moving from the OLD z-wave chip to the NEW z-wave chip ... it's best to rebuild your network from scratch.
You will save a lot of head aches down the road.

Besides battery devices, devices with instant status also have problems if you try to migrate the z-wave network.

You might try renaming the topic as:

transferring from Vera 3 or Vera Lite  to Vera Plus, Vera Edge, or Vera Secure
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 04:53:35 pm by RichardTSchaefer »

Offline svaleb

Re: Transferring from vera3 to veraplus
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 05:18:44 pm »
Hi Richard
Yes, I was aware that it could cause problems.

I was not aware that it kept an other "kind of node/network" as it is updated during night.
I did not know that i could check it there.
My devices are working, but slow.
Could that be the reason proximity cannot find my devices ? It does find my vera an worked well in ui5.