Author Topic: Schlage Lock - Can't Control Since Upgrade to VeraPlus/UI7  (Read 1868 times)

Offline Sig

I've had a Schlage keypad lever lock working perfectly on a Vera 1, then a Vera Lite, for about 7 years now.  I just upgraded to a Vera Plus running UI7, and now I cannot seem to control the lock through Vera at all. 

In addition, when I migrated, none of the PIN codes showed up in the device control panel.  Yet, when I try to add an existing PIN code, I get an error that the PIN code is already in use.  Then I went to add a new PIN code, and Vera came back with a message that the transmit was OK, and the new code was added.  Yet that code doesn't show in the interface, and it DID NOT work.  The code is not programmed in the lock.

My upgrade seems to have broken Vera's communication with the lock.  I'm also seeing a message "Please wait, polling node" on the device screen. 

When I searched the forum, I saw one post refer to older locks not working because of the "beaming" issue.  But when I first got my lock several years ago, this was already a known issue, so I specifically bought a dimmer module that allegedly supports beaming, and that has been installed the whole time, and still is.

Any ideas/assistance in resolving this would be appreciated.  This is a total drag - I actually rely very heavily on that gate lock to provide/control access for repair and maintenance people at my weekend home.

Offline Sig

Re: Schlage Lock - Can't Control Since Upgrade to VeraPlus/UI7
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 05:14:25 pm »
** UPDATE **

After spending some time with MCV support on the phone attempting to exclude/reset/include my Schlage lock, it was determined, as I had suspected, that the zwave chip/firmware/whatever in my 7-year old lock just wasn't going to play ball with VeraPlus/UI7.  I just purchased and installed a new lock (exact same model) and it works fine.

For those of you with older locks still running UI5, be prepared for this possibility if you move to a new Vera and/or UI7.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 02:57:33 pm by Sig »

Offline terribru

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 04:21:52 pm »
 :) Very helpful thank you.  This post save me hours of time and frustration.   

Offline paulmon

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 04:09:57 pm »

Just spent an hour with Support, no dice. Wish they had told me this before I wasted my time.