Author Topic: Here are some Tips for iTach, IR and UI7  (Read 7169 times)

Offline PrincessCleavage

Here are some Tips for iTach, IR and UI7
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2017, 02:21:31 am »
Let's try some simple things first.

Try this first (from step 3):
luup.reload()

If that doesn't help confirm the Lua file is still in its location and is the correct version.

Also try a reboot on Vera.
I have already attempted several restarts and luup engine reload and also replacing/creating a simplified ircommand.lup file on the vera unit. I have my IR commands working again and I hope the system is now stable. In case this may help someone else below is what I believe ( but mostly luck ) that got my system working again:
1. Enable notifications Users & Account Info → Notification Settings → and check; ?Notification Header?, then Update Notification Settings
2. I then notice device 171 was stalling the Luup engine to load successfully (which I think Vera not so helpful support may of added)
3. Then ran the below code to list all active devices
local file = io.open("/www/devlist.txt", "w")
file:write("[DeviceNo / id] device names on " .. os.date() .. "\n")

for deviceNo,d in pairs(luup.devices) do
if d.id ~= "" then
file:write(string.format('[%03d / %s] %s \n', deviceNo, d.id, d.description))
end
end

file:close()
View your device list at - http://vera i.p/devlist.txt
4. I then compared the output of the above list to device listed under, create new scene goto advanced editor add new task and compare from the drop down selectable device list. Note any device ID that look safe to delete
5. Delete safe list made from step 4 using below code
http://vera i.p:3480/data_request?id=device&action=delete&device=deviceID
Then restarted the unit and tested IR codes which were working as expected. I then added all my IR scenes back as per normal operations.

Thanks for your time to make suggestions!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 02:25:38 am by PrincessCleavage »

Offline rock

Re: Here are some Tips for iTach, IR and UI7
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2017, 11:38:07 am »
OK, first off, apologies if I hijacked this discussion, but this appears to be the most current thread I could find that is germane to what I'd like to accomplish.

I've got a Vera Lite running version 1.7.987 of the firmware.
I'm trying to get it to talk to my GC-100 so I can send RS232 commands. End goal is control of my Lutron Radio RA (not RA 2) system through the RS232 port on the Chronos System Bridge (I've got two, hence the two ports on the GC-100).
I'm pretty well versed with RS232 and IR communication as I have a slew of Global Cache devices running my entertainment systems via iRule.

From what I've read the GC-100 Plugin and Lutron Plugins (there are two) are a time sink with no joy at the end and indeed I can find almost no doc on these and my efforts to get any of them to work were unsuccessful.

I have no problem coding up a text file and dumping it on the Vera, in fact I'd prefer to do it that way.

Is that the way to go. Are there any example files out there that have a GC-100 (both ports) working with a Vera Lite? How to I connect to the Vera via terminal, ssh? telnet? How do I push files to the Vera, scp? Where do I put them, is there a standard Posix type directory structure? How do I then get the code to run? Are there debugging tools?

Offline rock

« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2017, 09:41:38 am »
After much digging I believe I've answered most of my own questions.

If I were to code up functions in a .lua file (which seems pretty straight forward), then drop the file in the /usr/lib/lua directory on the Vera, how to I associate the functions with the various aspects (ON / OFF for example) of a gui device in the devices tab. Or can I only associate those functions with scenes?

Offline PrincessCleavage

Here are some Tips for iTach, IR and UI7
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2017, 02:54:34 pm »
After much digging I believe I've answered most of my own questions.

If I were to code up functions in a .lua file (which seems pretty straight forward), then drop the file in the /usr/lib/lua directory on the Vera, how to I associate the functions with the various aspects (ON / OFF for example) of a gui device in the devices tab. Or can I only associate those functions with scenes?
I have an air conditioner unit that has one on/off button (same ir code for on off) in the lua file that I have uploaded to Vera the air conditioner ir line is ?airconcool? so I the created a scene called Aircon On/off and under advance section add the below code to ?also execute the following lup code? and set the triggers.

require "ircommand"
ircommand.airconcool()

Information is scattered but I believe there is an attachment at the start of one of the threads where you can use the attached files as a template to upload to Vera, also be sure to test your code in develop apps section as I have observed bad calls can introduce unpredictable delays into your system.
I hope this is of some help
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 02:57:44 pm by PrincessCleavage »

Offline avigo2000

« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2018, 08:52:47 am »
I am not seeing the attachment here.. Any help with posting it, or pointing me in the right direction. Thanks

Offline Dacron

« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2018, 12:46:42 pm »
I just can't access vera to place the file, I've used a number of programs and have used root, IP, wifi password from the bottom of the unit and port 22 but I just can't sign in to place the file.

Please help !

Thanks

Offline neverathome

« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2018, 01:29:46 am »
Does any one know a code to control the relays on the GC100?