Author Topic: Arlo Pro  (Read 709 times)

Offline Boggyman

Arlo Pro
« on: March 06, 2017, 08:45:28 am »
Hello!

Was planning to use Vera Control - Vera Plus (Gen 5), has anyone tested this with Arlo Pro?

Thanx!

Offline Inzax

Re: Arlo Pro
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 05:37:23 pm »
Arlo pro will not work with vera at this time.  I have Arlo Pro.  I am guessing an app could be made but I don't have the skill set.  You might be able to cobble something together using IFTTT.
Proud Member of the Epic Smite Thread.
Go ahead. Make my day.  Smite me!

Offline georgebalanchine

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 02:26:50 am »
Does VeraEdge connect with Arlo? I'm considering Arlo vs Arlo Pro and it's quite hard to decide since I own VeraEdge and would love to connect it with my security cameras.

If Vera doesn't support Arlo, can anyone recommend a security camera that works with it? Thanks in advance.

Offline Inzax

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2017, 01:01:34 pm »
Arlo and Arlo Pro are not supported.  You can do some wizard stuff involving 3rd party software and appropriate apps.  Not reliable in my opinion and just makes things to complicated. 

I am hopeful that the IFTTT support down the road will open up some options for the arlo and arlo pro. 

Arlo pro also has a big drawback.  Other cams do live feed using bandwidth and when motion is detected they simply grab the video out of the buffer (NEST for example). 

Arlo pro runs on batteries (although they have added solar panel charging and outdoor chargers)  Because of this arlo pro waits until it detects motion and then starts recording.  As a result you often get the end of an event.  Sometimes nothing at all depending on the speed of your target.  Being on batteries the arlo pro can't keep a live feed going 24/, storing video in the buffer, grabbing it when motion is detected.  Your batteries would be fried in a few hours.  You can view a live feed on demand.

Arlo and arlo pro also DO NOT HAVE motion detection zones.  You can decrease motion sensitivity but you can not dictate areas for motion detection. 
Proud Member of the Epic Smite Thread.
Go ahead. Make my day.  Smite me!