Author Topic: GE Z-Wave Plus Smart Motion Dimmer  (Read 6290 times)

Offline wilme2

Re: GE Z-Wave Plus Smart Motion Dimmer
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2018, 11:38:29 am »
The device has been added to our development roadmap and it should be supported natively in one on the next software updates.

Glad to hear.  I have an application where using the PIR separately from the switch it controls makes a lot of sense.  (My garage light switch is inside the back door of my house, and my outside light switch is in my garage - in both cases want to trigger a different switch based on motion...)
Long Live UI5!  (OK finally made the switch to UI7 in January 2018, and am pretty happy....)

Offline REKEMP10

« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2018, 08:24:20 pm »
I have the GE/Jasco 26933 smart dimmer switch.   I've had it for several months - but it only worked briefly on Vera when I first installed it.   Than months later it working again - yea!   And than it quit after a few days.   So I deleted the node from Vera Plus - moved Vera to within 8 feet of the device - reset the switch to default - and was able to re-add the device - but only partially.   It errors out after the initial "sucessful" message with:

ERROR:  Unable to get any information on node

I've went thru this same process several times - and never get past that error.  Any suggestions?

Offline kyle.dawson

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2018, 12:52:01 am »
I recently bought the GE Z-Wave Plus Smart Lighting Control Motion Sensor Switch(http://a.co/d/1UN7hkJ)

Manurfacture Site and Amazon site says this works with Vera, so I got it.  Before I start to add it to my system, always do search on this forum and found this.  Very happy with the steps from jadragescu, really good info.  I wanted to share that I got mine working really easy with a few steps from jadragescu. I did not do all of them and it seems to work fine.

I only did first few steps:
Add as generic Zwave Device:
1 Primary Dimmable Light
2 Secondary Dimmable Light
3 Generic I/O Device

Once added Change parameters in Advanced Settings on primary device (1st Dimmable Device Created):
Device type (urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:MotionSensor:1)
device file (D_MotionSensor1.xml)
json (D_MotionSensor1.json)
category (4)
sub category (3)

After saving those settings, go to advanced settings again:
change associationnum to 1
change multichannelendpoint 1,0,0

At this point I stopped.  I then thought to disconnect the motion trigger from the light by putting it into manual mode, per the manual and attached images. 
Once I did that, I was done, nothing else to do.  I can create standard scenes using normal triggers, no need for Luup code at startup or to do complicated scene.  Just thought I would share how I got mine setup.

I have attached a simple scene with the new device. This will stop my girls from leaving the bathroom light on all day...:)

VeraPlus(1), Sonos(3), GE Switch(30), GE Dimmer(5), GE Zwave Outlet(3), MimoLight Garage Door(1),Neo Motion(6), Door Sensors(3) Camera(9), Honeywell Thermostat(2), Google Home(4), Alexa(4), Google Chrome Cast(5)  - Driven via ALTUI