Author Topic: GE Z-Wave Plus Smart Motion Dimmer  (Read 1601 times)

Offline kigmatzomat

Re: GE Z-Wave Plus Smart Motion Dimmer
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2017, 11:39:40 pm »
  I have a Vera3 - which does not have Z-Wave plus capability.  But I read that Z-wave plus is supposed to be backward compatible with normal Z-wave.  So I was expecting these units to work just fine with my Vera3.  But they fail to configure with a error message of "Failed at: Getting the version".  I've tried deleting & re-adding many times by using both low and high power inclusion.  Nothing helps.

Are you on UI5 or ui7?

Offline cyborgltd

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2017, 05:59:54 pm »
I now have two of these installed. They originally drove me crazy because they create three devices. I thought I had an issue with my Vera Plus The easiest way to use the motion sensor is to simply check to see if the light turns on then it "saw" motion.
You can set the light sensor on or off with parameter 14. So when you go on vacation (google calendar) you turn parameter 14 off and just trigger anything else if the light goes on. A little clunky but it works.

They work great!
 :o ???
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 06:09:44 pm by cyborgltd »

Offline ctreischman

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2017, 02:16:55 pm »
What code do you run to actively set parameters?  A sample/example would greatly help me.  I don't have any coding training, but I believe I can follow and edit.