Author Topic: Anyone using z-wave blinds  (Read 35552 times)

Offline Piwtorak

Re: Anyone using z-wave blinds
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2012, 06:40:35 am »
When we can have a complete solution and a dealer to sale the complete mounted product it will be good...

I have many curtains (roller and another) to buy including a big awning, but I can not find an internet shop for sale complete system for me...

remotecontrolcurtain.com sale for me a complete system but the integration with vera3 is running for my own searches...I will buy in next days a global cache dry contact closure to turn the curtain into zwave device and have a solution.

for my project I need a complete solution I have the measurements and shop does for me the system and I can install, that will be a wonder.

I know this do not helps, but is for knows you are not alone snowhite.
Vera3 (1), Airport Extreme (2), Apple TV (3), Sqblaster (1), GE Switch (3), GE Dimmer (1), Leviton VRCSZ2 (2), GE 45601 (1), Intermatic HA03 (2), GE Zwave Outlet (1), Remote Control Curtain (1) and growing.

Offline capjay

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2012, 07:57:00 am »
When we can have a complete solution and a dealer to sale the complete mounted product it will be good...

I don't know where you are located, but the closest I found to a complete system is to get a Somfy complete solution, that uses Somfy RTS motors, then get the Somfy ZRTSI device (search for it online) which bridges multiple RTS motors to Z-Wave and is very easy to pair and script with Vera.

Offline Piwtorak

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2012, 09:54:12 am »
thanks Capjay !

I can buy products in USA.

can you indicate some website for this ? (somfy complete systems).

thanks a lot !
Vera3 (1), Airport Extreme (2), Apple TV (3), Sqblaster (1), GE Switch (3), GE Dimmer (1), Leviton VRCSZ2 (2), GE 45601 (1), Intermatic HA03 (2), GE Zwave Outlet (1), Remote Control Curtain (1) and growing.

Offline capjay

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2012, 05:50:59 am »
thanks Capjay !

I can buy products in USA.

can you indicate some website for this ? (somfy complete systems).

thanks a lot !

http://www.somfysystems.com/

Offline shady

• Beta Testers
  • This monkey knows his Window Coverings!
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2012, 06:08:34 pm »
FYI, Somfy doesn't make the entire car, they just make the motor.  You'll still need to find a shade fabricator that uses Somfy motors (the majority of them do) and one that will sell direct to an end user outside of the U.S.  Typically fabricators sell to qualified installers since there are some tricks to the trade and also they can solve any on-site issues. 

Somfy RTS is great, but it isn't really a Z-Wave solution.  If you want Vera to know where your shades are in the window, if they reached open or close postions, and be able to stop the shade between 0%-100% then you'll need to use a Z-Wave motor or dumb motors with Z-Wave controllers.  Not everyone needs these features of Z-Wave control and RTS does offer a great line of non-zwave remotes and accessories which can be used parallel to the ZRTSI and Vera control.
Vera3 1.5.346, Schlage (3)DB (2)Lever, Kwikset (1)Lever, RCS TZ43 Thermo, (2) Vizia RZI06-1LX 600W Dimmers, (17) Monster (Leviton) Dimmers (6) Monster (Leviton) IWC Scene Controllers (1) Etherrain-8, (3) HSM 100's (1)GE 3-Way set

Offline Piwtorak

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2012, 06:30:23 am »
shady is correct...
I have difficulty to buy the curtains because somfy sends me to a dealer, the dealer do not have website to on line sales, then they want go in your home and do a project.....this is not my case.  I want someone I give the measurements and that mount the curtain for me and send with instructions to install.
I have address in USA and can buy products like any american citizen can, normally, the best I find was remotecontrolcurtain.com and I have buyed one, but my project requires more professional product...I need find someone with somfy curtains ready to install..or if not I will buy Makita curtains in homecontrols.com (the best site I found for curtains) , I think this brand is good too and integration with my lessons about dry contact and a few devices I can do.
look this: http://www.homecontrols.com/Categories/DraperyControls

Offline Tippin76

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2012, 06:53:45 pm »
There are plenty of places that sell the complete shade online.  AV Outlet and Steve's Blinds will sell you custom shades with Somfy RTS motors, and you can purchase the ZRTSI at a number of places (Automated Shade, AV Outlet, etc.). 

Offline Primetime

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2012, 12:41:27 am »
Shady - I'm sending a long winded PM to get your advice on my shade automation needs.  Looks like you're the guy!   :)

Offline zwavemotors

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2013, 08:36:59 am »
for native Z-Wave tubular motors and drapery motors, contact:
info@zwavemotors.com

Offline Piwtorak

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2013, 07:34:44 am »
Finally I have installed my curtain from zwavemotors.com and I am surprise with the ease to install.

another thing surprising me is the silence the engine has when it is triggered.

I have another curtain and is very noisy. I plan to change that one ASAP.

the instalation on Vera was automatically and controls is very accurate. Works Like a dimmer then I can set the curtain to open a determined percentage.

Homewave App is working with that but not with Window Covering Control but like a Dimmer or Switch, Intveltr why ?

follow pictures....

« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 07:45:03 am by Piwtorak »

Offline zwavemotors

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2013, 12:08:34 pm »
Apps you can try that work well:
Android
- Homebuddy
- AutHomationHD
Apple
SQuare connect

Keep asking MIOS so they fix the UP=OPEN and DOWN=CLOSE bug (currently out of sync)

Offline Piwtorak

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2013, 12:36:39 pm »
Homewave app is running ok, only not included like window covering, but is ok.

Status in vera is ok for me like open and close.  Maybe up and down was more correct but for me no matters.

Offline Jamr

• 007 Systems
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2013, 10:25:58 pm »
Shady, seems like the options for do-it yourself shades  is quite endless.

Do you know of a spreadsheet or flowchart of some kind with links, or at least names of companies for the cheap way to put your own motorized window coverings together?
I would be wiling to help put something like this together as I am pretty good at spreadsheets if I knew the in's and out's of the trade. I just started looking into this today.
Thanks
Jamr

Offline Dignan17

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2013, 12:23:16 pm »
Somfy RTS is great, but it isn't really a Z-Wave solution.  If you want Vera to know where your shades are in the window, if they reached open or close postions, and be able to stop the shade between 0%-100% then you'll need to use a Z-Wave motor or dumb motors with Z-Wave controllers.
Then please link to these products! I haven't seen them anywhere yet, I just keep coming back to the Somfy solutions...

Offline shady

• Beta Testers
  • This monkey knows his Window Coverings!
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2013, 08:53:29 pm »
Sorry I missed both of your inquiries.

A good place to look for vera compatible Z-Wave shade controllers is here (not a spreadsheet, but similar format):

http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Supported_Hardware

While the links are currently broken, you can just Google the model numbers:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BOXJAHG

http://www.amazon.com/DC1-ZW-Single-Motor-Shade-controller/dp/B00BOWODFG/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_1

Then just ask for standard dumb motors when you order your shades, for AC Motors that means 4-wires and DC Motors that means 2-Wires and no radio or IR remotes (hence dumb).
Vera3 1.5.346, Schlage (3)DB (2)Lever, Kwikset (1)Lever, RCS TZ43 Thermo, (2) Vizia RZI06-1LX 600W Dimmers, (17) Monster (Leviton) Dimmers (6) Monster (Leviton) IWC Scene Controllers (1) Etherrain-8, (3) HSM 100's (1)GE 3-Way set