Author Topic: Group devices to one Alexa Custom Device Name  (Read 148 times)

Offline trygve

Group devices to one Alexa Custom Device Name
« on: September 22, 2017, 04:59:50 am »
I have a couple of places in my house where I have two (or more) dimmers controlling one area of light. Ex; We have an wall insert where there is light both in the top and bottom of the insert and each light source have a dedicated dimmer. As the Alexa integration are now I can only name each of these dimmers with unique names, I would like to have these in Alexa as one device.

Iow; I would like to say: Alexa: set insert light to 50.
Not; Alexa: set insert top light to 50. Alexa set insert bottom light to 50.

I guess I can make a scene for this and trigger that, but in my humble opinion it should be possible to group devices in such a way.

Or is there something I'm missing here?
Vera Edge. Qubino flush dimmers-, 10V dimmers-, flush relays-, flush shutters-, Sunricher touch panel-, RGBW touch panel, Secure thermostats & relays, HeatIt thermostats, Fibaro RGBW dimmers, Aeotec multisensors-, Switches, Z-Wave.Me Wall Controllers, SwiidInter Cord Switch, Velux Integra, Sonos

Offline paulcusick3

Re: Group devices to one Alexa Custom Device Name
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 05:47:19 am »
Done in alexa app. Create a device group. I have living room, family room, outdoor, master, inside, downstairs groups in alexa. I can say turn on family room lights or dim to level. The more the name is unique to the light name the better or else you may get ?several items share that name, which one do you want??

Sent from my mobile device