Author Topic: Amazon Alexa Home Skill Update (2) - with new invite links  (Read 16480 times)

Offline Sammy2

Re: Amazon Alexa Home Skill Update (2) - with new invite links
« Reply #150 on: August 10, 2017, 08:05:47 am »
Still waiting here. The Status Update said over the next 48 hours worldwide. Has anyone got Alexa and Vera talking to each other yet?

Offline beachboync

« Reply #151 on: August 10, 2017, 09:06:52 am »
Not working for me yet

Bob
Bob (beachboync)

Offline Sammy2

« Reply #152 on: August 10, 2017, 11:01:37 am »
INCIDENT: Amazon Alexa Beta Commands Not Executing
Resolved - Amazon has deployed a server-side update this morning to correct the issue and we've tested and validated internally. As such, beta participates will need to disable and re-enable the skill in order to restore service. Instructions were sent to all beta participants at 08:00 PDT this morning.

We will continue to monitor this incident until we see traffic and performance return to normal for all users.

Again, please accept our sincerest apologize for this extended delay. We will issue a comprehensive postmortem in the coming days that details the root causes, as well as the procedures Amazon, MiOS, and Vera are putting in place to ensure an outage of this duration does not take place again in the future.

Thank you for your patience and continued support.
Aug 10, 07:59 PDT

I didn't receive any instructions in the email I just got. I guess that means we need to un-install and re-install the skill as stated in the announcement.

Looking forward to the "Postmortem" update, whatever that means. LOL
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 11:06:06 am by Sammy2 »

Offline fester

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #153 on: August 10, 2017, 11:22:42 am »
  Working again here, Needed to log back in to the Alexa page, disable the beta skill, then re-enable it and do another device discovery. Interesting how we get used to something that starts out as just an interesting experiment, and how quickly we get dependent on it in a few days or weeks...

Offline Sammy2

« Reply #154 on: August 10, 2017, 11:36:13 am »
  Working again here, Needed to log back in to the Alexa page, disable the beta skill, then re-enable it and do another device discovery. Interesting how we get used to something that starts out as just an interesting experiment, and how quickly we get dependent on it in a few days or weeks...

I disabled the beta skill and then when I went to search for it tor re-enable it it didn't show up in on alexa.amazon.com but when I logged back into Vera, it would let me to the dashboard until I Clicked "Finish" on the bottom of the enabled devices page. Only then did the Vera Skill show up on alexa.amazon.com. Come on GetVera! You owe us detailed instructions on how to do this as what was in the announcement is not actually what is required of the end user to get it back up.

Offline russell.gabriel

« Reply #155 on: August 10, 2017, 12:53:14 pm »
Email received: ACTION REQUIRED: Amazon Alexa Beta Service Restoration

I received the aforementioned email this morning with clear instructions on how to login, disable the old skill, and a hyperlink to the skill authorization page.  My Alexa commands are now working with my Vera devices again.

Offline Sammy2

« Reply #156 on: August 10, 2017, 01:44:24 pm »
Email received: ACTION REQUIRED: Amazon Alexa Beta Service Restoration

I received the aforementioned email this morning with clear instructions on how to login, disable the old skill, and a hyperlink to the skill authorization page.  My Alexa commands are now working with my Vera devices again.

Yeah, gmail sorted it into promotions instead of updates. I found it later. I sorta stumbled into a solution though from the other information I had. I disabled the skill in Alexa, went to the first page in this post, clicked the appropriate beta skill link address, went to home.getvera.com and logged in whereupon I was presented with the amazon alexa devices to enable page. I scrolled down, clicked Finish at the bottom of the page then re-loaded home.getvera.com and went to my dashboard. I haven't been able to confirm it works yet as I am at work right now but it will be about the first thing I do when I get home after kissing my wife and kicking the dog.. Either that or I will have my wife check it out this afternoon.

Offline BOFH

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #157 on: August 10, 2017, 02:29:49 pm »
You must mean kiss the dog and kick the wife. Otherwise I'll be forced to report you to animal services.... 8)

Disabled skill, ran the Vera side and ran discovery on the Amazon side. It looks good. I'll find out when I get home after I pet the dogs and kick Alexa if she still behaves like a beatch. :) 

Update: Got home and Alexa is back to her usual helpful self.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 06:10:23 pm by BOFH »
Vera3 UI5 UI7 Edge Plus
Trane TZEMT400AB32 | Schlage BE369 FE599 | GE 45601 45602 45603 45604 45606 45609 45631 | Intermatic HA01C HA03C HA05C HA07C CA600 CA3000 | Aeon DSC06106 | Telguard GDC1 | Foscam FI8910W FI8905W FI9821W | D-Link 930L | Wanscam JW0011 | ZModo ZPIBH13W

Offline beachboync

« Reply #158 on: August 10, 2017, 03:14:40 pm »
I followed the directions in the email. Service restored, no problems.

Bob
Bob (beachboync)

Offline tony-park

« Reply #159 on: August 10, 2017, 05:18:57 pm »
Unfortunately when I followed the instructions in both emails received today, both resulted in:

Unable to link your Skill.

Please try again later.

Any ideas?

Offline bgoldie

« Reply #160 on: August 10, 2017, 05:27:43 pm »
Unfortunately when I followed the instructions in both emails received today, both resulted in:

Unable to link your Skill.

Please try again later.

Any ideas?

Are you in the UK? If so, follow the American link which will fail and then try the UK link again.

Offline mtruppi

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #161 on: August 10, 2017, 06:11:24 pm »
Everything worked for me after relinking the skill.  The first email I got from Vera had no link with the text, but that could be my mail client.  Used the link on the top of this thread and everything came back fine. 
Vera Plus bridged to Vera 3 over 10G house/building.  Schlage FE599s, Motion sensors, switches, micro dimmers, garage/door/window sensors, Nest, Dakota Murs driveway/mailbox triggers, 14 HIK Cameras, Ted, Alexa Echo/dots, geolocation, ping sensors, VeraMate

Offline Sammy2

« Reply #162 on: August 10, 2017, 09:09:26 pm »
You must mean kiss the dog and kick the wife. Otherwise I'll be forced to report you to animal services.... 8)

Disabled skill, ran the Vera side and ran discovery on the Amazon side. It looks good. I'll find out when I get home after I pet the dogs and kick Alexa if she still behaves like a beatch. :) 

Update: Got home and Alexa is back to her usual helpful self.

Much better.. I'll pet the dogs, kiss the wife and kick Alexa if she continues to act up!

Offline BigE-TX

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #163 on: August 11, 2017, 06:03:44 pm »
I went into Amazon Alexa skills and disabled Vera skill.  I then clicked on enable skill at the same screen w/o exiting.  It brought me to the Vera screen where you select devices to include.  I reviewed checked devices [same as before issues], changed nothing, and clicked finish.  Exited that page and went back to the still open page for Alexa.  Clicked on discover devices, no changes, and done.  It all works.  I am back on the old firmware.  My system had other issues that were incompatible with the current firmware; we'll see if they get resolved in the next release.

Offline Bric

« Reply #164 on: August 12, 2017, 01:17:47 pm »
Hi,

I upgraded my veralite to UI7, instaled amazon beta and it's working well alexa with vera.
All my setting went ok to UI7.

Problem:  I have scenes on vera that control Harmony Hub with command os.execute(Harmonyhub ......)
These commands are not working any more.  Why?