Author Topic: Energy suppliers Smart Meters  (Read 738 times)

Offline ElCid

• Sr. Newbie
Energy suppliers Smart Meters
« on: March 10, 2017, 05:33:11 am »
Hi. My UK Energy company is rolling out Smart meters, i was wondering if any one elses are.

First Utility will be rolling out SMET1 not 2
and they will not be HA compatable

Whats your thoughts on this and what are your energy compays doing. i for one will not let them turn on smart features unless the meter is compatible with my HA system

Offline teknokill

Re: Energy suppliers Smart Meters
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 05:39:54 pm »
Hi. My UK Energy company is rolling out Smart meters, i was wondering if any one elses are.

First Utility will be rolling out SMET1 not 2
and they will not be HA compatable

Whats your thoughts on this and what are your energy compays doing. i for one will not let them turn on smart features unless the meter is compatible with my HA system

I've had a smart meter since 2013, ever since I had my solar panels installed.  My Provider is Southern California Edison.   I went to their website and was delighted to see that they had an entire program you can register with.  I am only starting the process 6 years later and I will let you know how it goes for me.  I guess the first thing I have to do is register my devices.  I'm eager to see if I can somehow extrapolate the data and have it report to my VeraPlus Dashboard. 

Offline Don Phillips

Re: Energy suppliers Smart Meters
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 09:02:37 pm »
I received mine about a month ago, through American Electric Power. I got a free hub, have not bound it to the meter yet. It supports z-wave but I do not intend to replace Vera anytime soon. The hub uses an iPhone app but thus far I have not determine how to communicate with it outside the app.
Vera 3, 1.7.1030, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual/Multi Switch, Weatherunderground, LB60Z-1 bulb