Author Topic: Virtual Thermostat plugin reporting bad parameters  (Read 397 times)

Offline XA44Owq26HxCq88

Virtual Thermostat plugin reporting bad parameters
« on: March 12, 2017, 11:11:50 pm »
I'm trying to get the Virtual Thermostat working on my VeraPlus UI17, latest firmware.
I'm trying to have it activate a separate fan via a Zwave switch (ZW4005) based on the temp from a zwave thermostat (TBZ48). I've installed the app, but I'm getting an error "Smart Virtual Thermostat: Bad Parameters"

I put in the device numbers for the thermostat and the switch in the variables list, but it's not clearing the error. Any ideas on how to get the correct parameters into the variable list? I couldn't find any help anywhere else, so I thought I'd turn to this forum. None of the other discussions here cover this.

I've seen the article at http://www.antor.fr/apps/smart-virtual-thermostat-eng-2/?lang=en, but I get the impression the app is no longer supported

Offline rigpapa

Re: Virtual Thermostat plugin reporting bad parameters
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 11:36:34 am »
I know it's been a while since you posted. I'm also interested in this plugin. I've reached out to the developer to see if he's still supporting it, and if not, if he'd allow me to pick it up and run with it. Let's see what comes back.
Author of Rachio, Deus Ex Machina II, SiteSensor, and Auto Virtual Thermostat plugins. Using Vera Plus (1.7.3232), Vera3 (1.7.855), 50 dimmers and 40 switches (mostly Leviton, some Linear and GE), a dozen sensors, a truckload of PLEG, and of course, my own plugins.

Offline kulfsson

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 04:08:29 am »
I have been using this for a few years and it is a great plugin but it does have it's quirks and I would love for someone to pick it up and do a refresh on it. In fact the reason I came to the forum was to find out if anyone was doing that.

My issues at the moment is that the calculation does not always update and the VT thinks it is warmer than it is and does not turn up the heat as needed.

I really hope that you get a response from the developer.

Offline rigpapa

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 12:39:37 pm »
He did reply to me with permission, and I've been working on an update. I'm juggling a couple of projects right now, but I should have something in a couple of weeks.
Author of Rachio, Deus Ex Machina II, SiteSensor, and Auto Virtual Thermostat plugins. Using Vera Plus (1.7.3232), Vera3 (1.7.855), 50 dimmers and 40 switches (mostly Leviton, some Linear and GE), a dozen sensors, a truckload of PLEG, and of course, my own plugins.

Offline kulfsson

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2017, 06:06:48 am »
That is really great news. I have been playing around a bit with Alexa as well and I would be really great if it could control the virtual thermostat. Today it just says "not responding" when I try to raise the temperature.

It will report the current temperature though when asked (Alexa, what is the temperature in living room)