We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: [Solved] No remote access from Home Buddy to Vera UI2 (local access works)  (Read 14618 times)

Offline Driedger

Re: [Solved] No remote access from Home Buddy to Vera UI2 (local access works)
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2012, 01:15:15 pm »
I just ran into this issue on my HTC One X (Snapdragon S3 version) running ICS 4.0.3

I can connect via wifi locally, and via wifi remotely from work, but it does not work on 3g/4g connection. Vera Mobile has the same issue, but AutHomeation HD works fine.

I get an "ERROR: Refresh Failed" java.io.FileNotFoundException when accessing https://fwd2.mios.com/<username>/<password>/<serial>/data_request?output_format=json&id=user_data

I checked my root certificates as mentioned by the OP, and I do have StartCom in there and enabled. It occurs with fwd1 and fwd2.

Anyone else experience something like this?

Offline tfaber2933

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2012, 01:35:08 pm »
I lost remote control on 3G coule months ago. Droid 3.  I get "invalid username/password"   bummer. I enjoyed the remote control. but am leary of going into the root of my phone.  what about updating to the android 4.0? anybody try that yet?

Offline Driedger

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2012, 08:46:12 pm »
I just ran into this issue on my HTC One X (Snapdragon S3 version) running ICS 4.0.3

I can connect via wifi locally, and via wifi remotely from work, but it does not work on 3g/4g connection. Vera Mobile has the same issue, but AutHomeation HD works fine.

I get an "ERROR: Refresh Failed" java.io.FileNotFoundException when accessing https://fwd2.mios.com/<username>/<password>/<serial>/data_request?output_format=json&id=user_data

I downloaded and installed the latest update today and am still experiencing this issue. I cannot connect via 3g/4G regardless of what I try. Wifi connection, both from a remote network as well as at home work great still.

I had a similar issue with the app 'producteev' and worked with the developer to debug the problem. The root issue was with how they were opening / creating an http connection in ICS.

I tried accessing the url via my website browser on the one X and received a valid json response,  so I'm wondering if it's the same as the producteev problem?

Mark

Offline rakstar

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2012, 11:47:41 pm »
Are you on straight talk by any chance?  Another user had similar problems and resolved it by updating his APNs.  This link led him to the solution:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=31365536

Offline Driedger

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2012, 02:22:15 pm »
Im not sure what Straight Talk is, but this is an unlocked Rogers One X that I am using on the Bell Mobility network in Canada.

My phone has 2 APN's in it for Bell, one which contains proxy information, without an apn type, and other that does not have any proxy information entered with an apn type of default,supy,mms

The default was the one with the proxy set. Switching to the other apn, without the proxy, was successful and I can now use Home Buddy on a mobile network. Still not sure why AutHomation was able to connect before, while Home Buddy and Vera Mobile could not, but I am glad that its working now none the less!

Thanks rakstar!

Offline rakstar

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2012, 04:23:10 pm »
Awesome, glad you got it working and thanks for posting back!

I'm not really sure how Garret implemented it in Home Automation, but my guess is that he programmatically bypasses the proxy.  I'll experiment with that approach and include it in a future release if it works.

Offline rakstar

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2012, 12:09:01 pm »
I added some code in the latest beta build to bypass the proxy when connected to a mobile network.  If anyone with the issue can test it, I'd really appreciate it.  I never had the issue myself so I can't really confirm if it solves it.  Link is below for any volunteers, thanks in advance!

http://goo.gl/0B9CU

Offline JaseP

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2012, 02:24:26 am »
ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY NOT SOLVED!!!!!

Remove the SOLVED TAG because it is DECEPTIVE!!!!!

Interaction with UI2 is Broken,.... hands down...