Author Topic: Who is keeping some of their X-10 stuff running? Why?  (Read 209 times)

Offline treetop777

Who is keeping some of their X-10 stuff running? Why?
« on: March 19, 2017, 09:25:10 pm »
I've had x10 modules and stuff running on Homseer 2 for over 15 years.  It evolved into a pretty good system after incorporating the repeaters, blockers, and amplifiers needed to make it somewhat reliable.

Today, i have a Wink Hub 2 linked to a Vera Pus and a few Echo Dots; that combination offers almost complete compatibility with any device plus voice control of all of them but yet, I find myself coming-up with excuses to leave some of my X10 system operational - LOL

I still have my x-mas lights outlets, attic lights, laundry light + hawkeye motion and other things controlled with X-10..

How about you?  Or have you replaced EVERY THING?   ;D

Offline zedrally

• Black Cat Controllers & Control Systems
    • Black Cat Control Systems
Re: Who is keeping some of their X-10 stuff running? Why?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 09:46:43 pm »
Why fix it if it isn't broken?
Honorable Member of the outrageous & epic smite thread. Smite me, I dare you.
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's, then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors.

Offline shawnky

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 11:45:36 pm »
I am using about half z-wave, half X10 that expands around Christmas time. I recently add a Raspberry Pi and added Mocha D so I have integrated my X10 into Vera. Vera doesn't keep track of the state if I use a remote or some other program but it turns them on and off the right way by itself. My next add are my motion sensors once I get into the attic to find them... now that you have reminded me, I may do it tomorrow.

I almost forgot, I had to change out my garage door opener a couple of week-ends ago so now I have MyQ working as well. I already had a tilt sensor but now I can actually open and close the door with very little trouble. More importantly, so can my wife!

Offline treetop777

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 05:09:11 pm »
Indeed!  I just switched out the ol' faithful universal appliance module that closed my garage door at night for over 10 years in favor of the zwave module; you're right, now the garage door can be opened as well.

Thought about incorporating (CM15AUSB) into vera but it seemed to complicated (for me at least) so i just have a button on imperihome to launch the HS2 web interface.

X10 is my go-to if i need some quick automation.

Offline Don Phillips

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 08:59:17 pm »
I do not have native X10 but I use an Insteon relay for my garage door.  Except when my Power Line Modem died about 3 months ago, it has been a faithful system.  I have 3 z-wave switches and seriously thought about getting X10, but it was not as cost effective as I had hoped.
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.919, CT30 thermostat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, Vision door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, System Mon.

Offline shawnky

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 11:12:57 pm »
Indeed!  I just switched out the ol' faithful universal appliance module that closed my garage door at night for over 10 years in favor of the zwave module; you're right, now the garage door can be opened as well.

Thought about incorporating (CM15AUSB) into vera but it seemed to complicated (for me at least) so i just have a button on imperihome to launch the HS2 web interface.

X10 is my go-to if i need some quick automation.

If you pick up the Raspberry Pi, I'm sure we could walk you through that process... it's not bad at all to get it moving.