Author Topic: Radio Thermostat Filtrete Thermostat and Amazon Echo  (Read 336 times)

Offline bianto

Radio Thermostat Filtrete Thermostat and Amazon Echo
« on: March 26, 2017, 02:13:45 am »
Was anyone able to send Amazon Alexa voice commands to the 3M Radio Thermostat Wifi unit? I can fully control it via VeraPlus UI but not through the Amazon Alexa. The device has been discovered by Alexa, but when I send a command it tells me that the device is not responding. I tried uninstalling and re-installing , disabling and re-enabling all plug-ins.

I am using the newest Vera+ Firmware (1.7.2608), the latest version of the Radio Thermostat Wi-Fi Plugin (v3.0), the latest Amazon Alexa Helper plugin (v.1.11), and, on the Alexa Device, the beta version of the Vera Smarter Home Control.

Offline jswim788

Re: Radio Thermostat Filtrete Thermostat and Amazon Echo
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 04:51:37 pm »
Did you take a look to see if anything is in the Vera log file at the time you try this?

I took a different approach and got a Raspberry Pi running the HA Bridge which is controlled by Alexa.  This works very well and has allowed me to control the Filtrete Radio Thermostat (Alexa thinks I have a dimmer named "heat", so I say "Alexa set the heat to 68").  But I would think that you should be able to do this through Vera and that would save the expense of the additional hardware.

Offline nicklate

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 10:59:50 pm »
so I can pull the current temp from Alexa->vera->radio thermostat ,  but I cant set it.  I'm looking at the source code and I see this

"HeatSetPoint": {
            },
            "CoolSetPoint": {
}

I'm guess there is a standard format or command set that should be implemented.  If I can find out set them i'm pretty sure I can rework the radio thermostat code in github to work with alexa.

Or if someone has already done this then please speak up.

Offline Sammy2

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 11:39:10 am »
Could the issue be similar to this one where the f/w needs to be higher?