Author Topic: HA Bridge setup  (Read 1709 times)

Offline gbeeton

• Sr. Newbie
HA Bridge setup
« on: March 28, 2017, 11:46:52 pm »
I am trying to set up HA Bridge to bridge between Vera and Harmony (and eventually Google Home Assistant).  I have installed HA Bridge on a QNAP NAS and have it configured with my VeraPlus and Harmony Hub.  I have built a couple of Vera devices and they test successfully on Bridge Devices tab.  And my Harmony app finds the bridge devices via the emulated Hue bridge.  When I turn the devices on/off from the Harmony app they work fine the first time.  But when I then try toggle the device back to the previous state, the Harmony app reports "No Connection" and fails to switch the device.  If I wait 15 or 20 minutes or toggle the device via Vera or the Bridge Devices tab in HA Bridge then the device works again, but just once as before.  Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Edit: I added Vera scenes - one to turn the device on, one to turn it off - to the HA Bridge (which show up as devices on the Harmony app) and those work perfect every time. So why can't I control the device reliably from the Harmony app?

Edit 2: I received my Google Home today and it has no problem controlling the HA Bridge devices.  Must be a Harmony bug.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 01:57:49 am by gbeeton »

Offline jarkle

• Sr. Newbie
Re: HA Bridge setup
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 10:34:19 am »
were you able to get ha bridge to dim your vera bulbs? It is not working for me...

Offline gbeeton

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 10:42:22 am »
I don't have any dimmable devices at the moment, so sorry, I can't help.

Offline sky320

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 05:12:01 pm »
I would check and see what the poll time is (how often the Vera requests info from your Harmony). Do you have the home hub extender or are you just using the plug in? I am not sure if I will be any help but i WILL TRY.

Offline gbeeton

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 02:35:58 am »
I would check and see what the poll time is (how often the Vera requests info from your Harmony). Do you have the home hub extender or are you just using the plug in? I am not sure if I will be any help but i WILL TRY.

I had a look at the poll time of the Harmony device.  It was set to 60 seconds.  I tried changing it to blank (default) but it keeps changing itself back to 60.

Offline Vador98

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2018, 06:39:52 am »
I have installed HA Bridge on a QNAP NAS and have it configured with my VeraPlus and Harmony Hub.

Can you share more details on how you got ha bridge working on your qnap?  I?m trying to do the same thing.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2018, 08:18:16 am »
were you able to get ha bridge to dim your vera bulbs? It is not working for me...

To dim you have to use a command like the following in the dim section of the device on HA Bridge

Code: [Select]
http://VERA-IP/port_3480/data_request?id=action&output_format=json&DeviceNum=77&serviceId=urn:upnp-org:serviceId:Dimming1&action=SetLoadLevelTarget&newLoadlevelTarget=${intensity.percent}
Change the DeviceNum to your device number in Vera etc.

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2018, 08:21:08 am »
HA Bridge no longer works with Google Home as I understand it? As you cannot connect the Home app to a local Hue Bridge, now it goes on the web for the Philips Hue connection / link.

Which is a shame, using Vera Concierge instead to link Vera and Google Home.

I just use HA Bridge now for linking Harmony and Vera.