Author Topic: VeraSecure Shipping Anytime Soon?  (Read 2980 times)

Offline gniknalu

VeraSecure Shipping Anytime Soon?
« on: April 03, 2017, 12:27:45 pm »
Ordered a VeraSecure but wondering if we can expect them to ship anytime soon?

Offline Don Phillips

• Worthington Engineering, Inc.
Re: VeraSecure Shipping Anytime Soon?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 08:24:54 pm »
I am curious to see how it performs compared to a Vera 3. If I upgrade, it would be for the faster processor, more memory, Z-Wave Plus and Bluetooth. If it is not noticeably faster, that would probably delay my purchase. 
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.

Offline gniknalu

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 09:21:24 am »
I am curious to see how it performs compared to a Vera 3. If I upgrade, it would be for the faster processor, more memory, Z-Wave Plus and Bluetooth. If it is not noticeably faster, that would probably delay my purchase.

I'll let you know when mine arrives. . . .    ;D

Offline Marc Shenker

• Sr. Manager of Community Relations and Development
  • Administrator
    • http://www.getvera.com
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 04:08:28 pm »

Don, it is a HUGE improvement over the Vera 3. The VeraPlus is also a huge improvement over the Vera 3.
Marc Shenker ▾ Sr. Manager of Community Relations and Development
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control ▾ www.getvera.commarc@getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272 x814

Offline dresnik

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 06:06:46 pm »
Any news on the original question in this post? When will the VeraSecure be released?

Offline Marc Shenker

• Sr. Manager of Community Relations and Development
  • Administrator
    • http://www.getvera.com
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 10:43:34 am »
We are still crossing some Ts and dotting some Is. Hopefully they will be ready to go very soon.
Marc Shenker ▾ Sr. Manager of Community Relations and Development
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control ▾ www.getvera.commarc@getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272 x814

Offline gniknalu

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2017, 05:20:57 am »
We are still crossing some Ts and dotting some Is. Hopefully they will be ready to go very soon.

Thank you for the reassurance. I look forward to kicking the tires and doing some reviews. It will be the base of operations - the brains - of our recent home acquisition which will be ready next month.

Offline dresnik

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2017, 12:01:11 pm »

Is there any estimated time frame since it was announced to ship back in February and then moved to the last week in March?

Offline John M.

• Administrator
    • getvera.com
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2017, 02:47:59 pm »
Hey there,

Our factory has confirmed that they will begin shipping VeraSecure controllers to us.  We expect to ship  VeraSecure by the end of this month. 

We apologize for the delay in delivery, and thank you for your understanding and patience.  If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our Customer Care team at support@getvera.com.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 02:59:19 pm by John M. »
John.M. ▾ Senior Customer Care Advocate
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION (Pacific Time Zone, UTC -8 )
Monday - Friday   12:00 am ? 06:00 pm
Saturday - Sunday   04:00 am ? 06:00 pm

Offline Priest

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2017, 04:09:43 pm »

Don, it is a HUGE improvement over the Vera 3. The VeraPlus is also a huge improvement over the Vera 3.

Could you offer some form of suggestion as to the point that the upgrade from a 3 would be worth it?  Right now my 3 runs flawlessly, albeit with way less devices than some of the guys here.  What do we look for to tell us the 3 isnt enough?

Offline John M.

• Administrator
    • getvera.com
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2017, 03:43:51 pm »
Strictly speaking about the processing power, Vera 3 has a 500Mhz single core processor with only 32MB of nand storage, that is simply not enough for users that use a lot of plugins for additional functionality. While VeraSecure has 880MHz Dual-Core MIPS SoC with 128MB Nand storage.

Some other well soughed features that VeraSecure brings, are the embedded 3G data modem, and the built-in 2400mAh battery backup. Which makes it ready for our additional services VeraProtect Professional Security Monitoring Service and VeraSentinel Intelligent Camera Service.

Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

Offline gniknalu

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2017, 02:42:12 pm »

Hello May! Any news on shipping of the VeraSecure?

Thanks

Offline TDehnke

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2017, 02:49:05 am »
Just thinking out loud, on April 12, 2017 John M. said ?Our factory has confirmed that they will begin shipping VeraSecure controllers to us.?. I believe we know from the documentation that the manufacturer for the VeraSecure is in Taiwan correct? Using April 12, 2017 as a rough departure date how long does it take a container ship to travel from Taiwan to the US and to clear customs?

Are we going to get a smiley sticker for patiently waiting if we have pre-ordered (^_^)

Offline John M.

• Administrator
    • getvera.com
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2017, 04:19:56 am »

Are we going to get a smiley sticker for patiently waiting if we have pre-ordered (^_^)

Not sure about the smiley sticker but Annual VeraProtect sub customers will surely get Decals and Yards signs.

To my knowledge, VeraSecure shipping will start very soon, and customers that pre-ordered have already been debriefed via email. And to thank you for your patience, we are extending the length of the service offer to you from the 3 months of free service to 4 months of free VeraProtect or VeraSentinel services.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 04:27:10 am by John M. »

Offline dreamcryer

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2017, 05:27:55 pm »
To my knowledge, VeraSecure shipping will start very soon, and customers that pre-ordered have already been debriefed via email. And to thank you for your patience, we are extending the length of the service offer to you from the 3 months of free service to 4 months of free VeraProtect or VeraSentinel services.

I pre-ordered in April and has not received any email about shipping. Come on, I need it for my new place! Left my old one to my condo buyer.