Author Topic: Ecolink Garage Tilt Sensor, Vera Plus, UI7  (Read 1121 times)

Offline Eastside

Ecolink Garage Tilt Sensor, Vera Plus, UI7
« on: April 06, 2017, 03:20:00 pm »
I am trying to add an Ecolink Garage Door Tilt Sensor (Z-Wave Plus version) to my Vera Plus Controller.  I have Excluded the Device to start, then included it (several times).  it always gets added as two devices as shown in this picture:

http://s50.photobucket.com/user/EastsideGuy01/media/Garage%20Sensor%20Device_zpsb45slnqq.jpg.html

I have seen other posts (http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,38657.msg289291.html#msg289291) that suggest there is a well defined set of steps to solve the problem of the device registering as a motion sensor versus a tilt sensor.  The parameters settings are already set to the suggested settings:

(http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f307/EastsideGuy01/Garage%20Sensor%20Device_zpsb45slnqq.jpg)

The difference is on the Variables page.  The settings that are suggested to change, NodeInfo and PollingState and ChangeState don't exist on my installation.

(http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f307/EastsideGuy01/Garage%20Sensor%20Variables_zpswwymvuq4.jpg)

My current situation is the device is added, it shows as two devices and does not show any change state when the device is tilted and I can't seem update the settings based on other posts to fix the problem.  Anyone have any suggestions?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 04:52:03 pm by Eastside »

Offline Don Phillips

• Worthington Engineering, Inc.
Re: Ecolink Garage Tilt Sensor, Vera Plus, UI7
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 07:56:04 pm »
I do not have those devices, however, this may be of help: http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Luup_Device_Categories.
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.

Offline davidlee

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 03:14:18 pm »
Exact same observations / problem.

I added directly at the Vera3 because I did not see the device listed in the add devices menu.

You would think that for a device that has been available since 2014 that it would work properly in Vera by now.

When tilted I get a push notification from the generic IO, nothing from the door / window sensor.  Nothing on the devices page updates to indicate tripped.

I also don't get the manufacturerinfo info in vera, it shows as 330,4,3 the info from Ecolink shows Manufacturer ID of 0x014A ( 330 dec ), Product Type 0x0001, Device Product ID 0x03 ( tilt sensor ), so I would expect to see a 330,1,3, but I'm no expert.
So Vera should be able to properly identify the device as an Ecolink Tilt Sensor and display it as a single device, but it does not.

Offline Don Phillips

• Worthington Engineering, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 07:04:22 pm »
I have been using this plug-in - makes controlling the garage door much easier: http://apps.mios.com/plugin.php?id=2998
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.

Offline JTBERR

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2017, 09:48:33 pm »
I have the exact same problem as the original OP.  Does anyone have an answer?

Offline havik34

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2017, 05:24:04 pm »
I got this working today on Vera Secure 1.7.2817, I was running into the same issue as above so I combined steps from a few scattered threads dealing with this sensor.  The fix seemed to be modifying the Params and Variable sections. After a Configure command I instantly got a working tilt sensor.  Before I'd get tamper alerts for the generic device only, but it was hardly helpful.  Eastside was on the right path, but it's not the PollingState and ChangeState you're looking for. It's Capabilities.
The steps required me to change:

Advanced/params
Change subcategory_num to 1
Change device_file to D_DoorSensor1.xml
Change device_json to  D_DoorSensor1.json

Do the following within the Advanced/Variables Tab:
Under Capabilities add a '32' directly after the '|' pipe in the middle

Under NodeInfo add '20' to the very beginning.

Finally, go to Advanced/Commands and 'Configure Node Right now'.  I removed the cover of the sensor because another thread mentioned it may be the only way to set/change settings.  When it came back it looked like a standard Magnetic Door Sensor and responded to tilts correctly, with battery indicator and an arm/disarm.  I did notice the Nodeinfo and Capabilities settings I mentioned above didn't persist after the Configure Command, but it's working, so I don't mind.  Hopefully this helps.

Offline durrence71

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2017, 09:55:06 pm »
So I got the device working, but it just says state changed.  Is there a way to have it actually tell you if the garage door is up or down?  Just knowing that the status changed, doesn't really help me know if the door went from open to closed or vice versa.

Offline Jamr

• 007 Systems
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2017, 04:45:17 pm »
If you have the need to control the garage door with your Vera, do yourself a favor and get a garage door sub controller with a hardwired sensor switch included. Install it once, forget it and don't look back.
- No batteries to worry about.
- Always gives status of the door. Completely closed = CLOSED or open an inch or more = OPEN.
- Trigger scenes off of status and control the garage door as an action.
- Always on and always works.

I recommend the Telguard for reliabiulity.
http://www.007systems.com/garage-door-control.html

Offline Slartibartfast

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2017, 04:53:01 pm »
Are there any garage door controllers with two outputs. One for up and one for down. My motor control has two buttons plus stop.
Devon UK 240V 50Hz
Now on Homeseer

Offline Jamr

• 007 Systems
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2017, 05:15:52 pm »
Are there any garage door controllers with two outputs. One for up and one for down. My motor control has two buttons plus stop.
The MIMO2+ has 2x relay outputs built into it.
What brand and model of garage door motor are you using?

Offline Slartibartfast

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2017, 05:38:07 pm »
All I know is a NECO controller.

I would love to go with the MIMO2+ but despite the blurb on their website there is no EU version yet. and I don't want to go for 2 x Mimolight.

I will have to go for dual output relay (pulse type) FIBEFGS-222
and a separate input module for status input FIB_FGBS-001

Such a shame though that it can't be all in one.
Devon UK 240V 50Hz
Now on Homeseer

Offline Jamr

• 007 Systems
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2017, 05:47:34 pm »

I would love to go with the MIMO2+ but despite the blurb on their website there is no EU version yet. and I don't want to go for 2 x Mimolight.

What would you say is the percentage of garage door openers that are triggered like yours in the EU? Open, Close and Stop?
I would say 99% of US openers are one pair of wires = normally open and on close = Garage Door Closes. Normally open and on close = Garage Door Opens.

Offline Slartibartfast

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2017, 05:09:57 am »

What would you say is the percentage of garage door openers that are triggered like yours in the EU? Open, Close and Stop?
I would say 99% of US openers are one pair of wires = normally open and on close = Garage Door Closes. Normally open and on close = Garage Door Opens.

I can't say for everywhere but all the ones I have seen are two buttons plus a stop.
Devon UK 240V 50Hz
Now on Homeseer

Offline havik34

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2017, 03:47:21 pm »
So I got the device working, but it just says state changed.  Is there a way to have it actually tell you if the garage door is up or down?  Just knowing that the status changed, doesn't really help me know if the door went from open to closed or vice versa.

It will indicate the 'open' or 'up' by showing what would normally be motion in a sensor.  You'll see the two curved lines above the sensor icon turn red, this means that the door is opened, once it is closed you'll see those lines gray out again.  It's not the best, the Linear Garage Door opener I have actually gives you the icon of a garage door with straight forward indicators, it'd be nice if this did the same.  I suspect you may be able to play with the device type to change this, but I haven't spent the time.

Offline Kaizen

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2017, 09:08:05 am »
Thank you so much for posting this!  ;D ;D ;D

I got this working today on Vera Secure 1.7.2817, I was running into the same issue as above so I combined steps from a few scattered threads dealing with this sensor.  The fix seemed to be modifying the Params and Variable sections. After a Configure command I instantly got a working tilt sensor.  Before I'd get tamper alerts for the generic device only, but it was hardly helpful.  Eastside was on the right path, but it's not the PollingState and ChangeState you're looking for. It's Capabilities.
The steps required me to change:

Advanced/params
Change subcategory_num to 1
Change device_file to D_DoorSensor1.xml
Change device_json to  D_DoorSensor1.json

Do the following within the Advanced/Variables Tab:
Under Capabilities add a '32' directly after the '|' pipe in the middle

Under NodeInfo add '20' to the very beginning.

Finally, go to Advanced/Commands and 'Configure Node Right now'.  I removed the cover of the sensor because another thread mentioned it may be the only way to set/change settings.  When it came back it looked like a standard Magnetic Door Sensor and responded to tilts correctly, with battery indicator and an arm/disarm.  I did notice the Nodeinfo and Capabilities settings I mentioned above didn't persist after the Configure Command, but it's working, so I don't mind.  Hopefully this helps.