Author Topic: Ecolink Door/Window Sensor  (Read 1368 times)

Offline cmd311

Re: Ecolink Door/Window Sensor
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2017, 04:55:07 pm »
Update Re: Ecolink DW-ZWAVE2.5-ECO Door/Window Sensor (April 30, 2017).

It works!  :) :D ;D  This after Vera Support applied a "Remote Access Workaround" to my VeraPlus Controller (v1.7.2608).

As explained by Vera Support: A "Remote Access Workaround" for an individual's controller unit is currently (April 30, 2017) required for correct pairing of the Ecolink DW-ZWAVE2.5-ECO Door/Window Sensor to Vera Controllers, and to have the device work properly, until a soon-to-be-released Official Full Support is provided (presumably via a firmware update).

(Thank you, kenhagin, for bringing this concern to light, and Vera Support, for a timely and effective resolution!)

Offline kenhagin

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2017, 07:43:34 pm »
Well I'm happy that they were so responsive, and that having this solved was beneficial to others.

If only Microsoft were this responsive...   :( :( :(

Offline BPeat

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2017, 10:29:39 am »
I am still confused.  Why are there two icons for the 2.5?   How are these two icons to be used? 

How will I know when Vera fixes the problem?  Will I see only one icon? 

Offline dreamcryer

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2017, 07:24:18 pm »
The latest beta version has fix for Ecolink Z-Wave Plus Door/Window sensor and Motion sensor.

If you don't want to wait, here is the manual fix from tech support:

Code: [Select]
To properly configure the Ecolink Door/Window Sensor please follow the steps below:
→ on the Vera web interface go to Devices > click on the arrow next to the parent device (the one that displays the battery level) > go to Advanced and change the following values:
on device file: D_DoorSensor1.xml
on device json: D_DoorSensor1.json
on category: 4
on subcategory: 1

→ click on Settings > Z-Wave settings > Advanced > Reload Engine > GO

→ then, in order to hide the child device from the interface, you will need to go to Apps > Develop apps > Test luup code > run the code below after you replace ?XX? with the ID of the child device which you can find by clicking on the ?>? of the device and go to Advanced:

luup.attr_set(?invisible?, ?1?, XX)

Offline bvaughn76

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2017, 02:51:27 pm »
Hi,

I used the directions to help get an Ecolink Tilt sensor working, but I could not get the Luup code working to hide the child device.  Help?  I put the child's ID in the box.

Thanks!