Author Topic: Discounted upgrade  (Read 790 times)

Offline mchipser

Discounted upgrade
« on: April 14, 2017, 04:25:01 pm »
So I got an email from vera stating I can upgrade to a Vera plus or a Vera edge for a reduced price, but they will deactivate my old controller if I choose this path.. what exactly does "deactivate" mean? I can't use it anymore? I can push ui6 back to it and use it workout internet access.. is the upgrade worth it? Currently using a Vera 3

Offline John M.

• Administrator
    • getvera.com
Re: Discounted upgrade
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 04:35:21 pm »

Hi there,

Only remote capabilities of the unit will be disabled. But the unit will still be fully usable offline, and even with UI7, you don't have to downgrade.
Unit will not be locked or something.
John.M. ▾ Senior Customer Care Advocate
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION (Pacific Time Zone, UTC -8 )
Monday - Friday   12:00 am ? 06:00 pm
Saturday - Sunday   04:00 am ? 06:00 pm

Offline mchipser

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 05:10:07 pm »
Is there any benefits worth upgrading for?

Offline Juppers

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 06:02:31 pm »
What are the remote capabilities? Connecting to it through the home.getvera.com page?  Looking at the logs which maddeningly force you to login to the home.getvera.com page?

Offline Minnies

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 09:33:27 pm »
When does it get disabled. I have 3 older units and only one is possible to disable as the others two are out of state. How can I determine which serial number I used for the deal?

Offline Minnies

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2017, 09:37:09 pm »
Found out which one in the order email. Lucky. Now when does the old one get disabled?  I wasn't aware of that aspect when I purchased it.

Offline mchipser

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2017, 08:15:34 am »
So... To get back on track.. what are the benefits of the vera plus or edge over the vera 3?

Offline mchipser

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2017, 08:19:31 am »
I guess the vera plus has zigbee and Bluetooth.. can I use the zigbee devices from Lowe's.. everything I read before was that most zigbee devices are locked to their controllers as there wasn't a set standard for manufacturers to adhere to..

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
    • RTS Services Plugins
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2017, 10:32:22 am »
The Vera Plus has twice as much memory as the Vera 3  (4 times as much as the Vera Lite)
The Vera Edge has the same memory as a Vera 3 (2 times as much as a Vera Lite)

The Vera Lite is extremely marginal on memory ...  This limits the number of plugin devices you can reliably create.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 10:34:18 am by RichardTSchaefer »

Offline griegert

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2017, 01:20:51 am »
Purchased a VeraPlus from the email offer today and my existing Veralite stopped working.  I can log in to the dashboard but all Z-wave devices went away and I can't re-pair them.  Only WiFi cameras show up on Ui7.  Scenes and notifications are still there but don't work.  Only notification I get is that the Vera has reset.

I sent an email to support so will see what they say but for now my door locks/notifications/security is down.

Offline RV

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2017, 05:47:41 pm »
I upgraded and my lite is still active online and otherwise. in fact I could only remote control my devices using the old vera mobile talking to the old veralite. all devices still there.

I had to reboot the plus today to get it back online and working with the mobile app and web page after being up for a couple of weeks.

the plus is much faster but all my aeon door sensors show as failed "Can't Detect Device" but are working perfectly so I guess I'll just live with it telling me I have 10 failed devices.

Offline Don Phillips

• Worthington Engineering, Inc.
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2017, 07:59:23 pm »
the plus is much faster but all my aeon door sensors show as failed "Can't Detect Device" but are working perfectly so I guess I'll just live with it telling me I have 10 failed devices.

The good news is sometimes Vera will see 1 or 2 and you may get to 7 or 8 "failed" devices.
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
    • RTS Services Plugins
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2017, 09:00:04 am »
Does Vera migrate the data for you when you buy the upgrade ?
This will be a Support Nightmare ...  or MCV will need to really step up and solve the migration problems.
Many (myself included) had to completely build the system from scratch when moving from a Vera 3 to a Vera Plus.
To many strange and lingering problems when you use the upgrade process. (Cant's detect device is just one of the problems)