Author Topic: New Plugin : ALTHue - the Alternate Edition of the Philips Hue Plugin  (Read 3849 times)

Offline amg0

• Sr. Hero Member
Re: New Plugin : ALTHue - the Alternate Edition of the Philips Hue Plugin
« Reply #105 on: April 21, 2018, 07:41:31 pm »
@amg0:

Here are the proposed changes.

<changes received by amg0, attachment removed>

integrated in ALTHue and ALTUI ,github versions

Upgraded to 0.99. Looking good. Could be put as a release on the AltAppStore which is still only showing 0.94

One potential improvement with the icons: The mcv plugin has a bunch of various icons which matches the device description.
Maybe I could give it a shot with a pull request on github...
If it is simple why not, I ll look at your proposals .
, we need to keep it simple and relatively device agnostic. (I need to avoid to have to edit the code and create versions every time a new type of device pops up )

Offline rafale77

« Reply #106 on: April 21, 2018, 11:53:36 pm »
Ok I am looking into it. I don't think it should be a problem, it will use a generic bulb icon for unknown devices and the specific icon for known devices
Openluup (52 devices, 82 scenes, 16 apps) controlling HomeAss + VeraPlus (130 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 5 apps, 233 devices, 74 scenes) + VeraEdge (0 node, 25 devices, 5 Apps, 0 scene); Bridged to Homekit and Alexa.

Offline Vinx

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #107 on: April 22, 2018, 05:17:27 am »
Amazing Amg0, this is a huge improvement over the regular Hue plugin (which this week stopped working for the second time with no apparent way to revive)! Thumbs up!

Offline amg0

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #108 on: April 22, 2018, 11:35:13 am »
released v0.99 in github https://github.com/amg0/ALTHue and in mcv Store

direct install with http://<ip>:3480/data_request?id=action&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1&action=CreatePlugin&PluginNum=9066&Version=36241

regarding ALTUI compatibility, it requires ALTUI >= v 2338

Online akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #109 on: April 22, 2018, 12:28:35 pm »
All great stuff, I must say.

I've not downloaded the Hua app on my iPad, and don't really intend to, unless someone gives me a good reason.  This means, I suppose, that Hue scenes will always be a closed book to me, but I don't see the need, really, since all my automation is on openLuup.

To me, then, Hue is just a Zigbee bridge, just like Vera is a Zwave bridge.  Given that, does it make sense to consider an "All Off" action for ALTHue?
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 2x Philips Hue
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, DataYours, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline rafale77

« Reply #110 on: April 22, 2018, 11:51:58 pm »
Yeah Hue scenes have been more a confusing duplicates than anything. I don't use it at all as I use openluup to run scenes combines with non hue devices.
I only use the mobile app for setups and firmware updates... So you may actually want to have it handy.
Openluup (52 devices, 82 scenes, 16 apps) controlling HomeAss + VeraPlus (130 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 5 apps, 233 devices, 74 scenes) + VeraEdge (0 node, 25 devices, 5 Apps, 0 scene); Bridged to Homekit and Alexa.

Offline rafale77

I submitted a pull request on GitHub. I had to add 2 variables to the devices. The icon recognition works and so does the opacity variation. Only remaining problem is ALTUI does not appear to show the svg changes of color. It was a bit more work than I thought.

Edit: Nevermind... The colors work too, it was different format of the hex string. It all works now.
amg0, please review.
« Last Edit: Today at 02:48:31 am by rafale77 »

Offline amg0

• Sr. Hero Member
I submitted a pull request on GitHub. I had to add 2 variables to the devices. The icon recognition works and so does the opacity variation. Only remaining problem is ALTUI does not appear to show the svg changes of color. It was a bit more work than I thought.

Edit: Nevermind... The colors work too, it was different format of the hex string. It all works now.
amg0, please review.

crazyly nice ! , I ll review the code and see how to integrate, thx

Offline amg0

• Sr. Hero Member

amg0, please review.

I only see a pull request on ALTHUE, is there any code change in ALTUI ?
I wonder about the D_DimmableLight2.json file  , will we get problems to deploy it in the MCV store as it is a system provided file already ?