Author Topic: Getting the Wemo app to work with UI7  (Read 16284 times)

Offline wallfly

Re: Getting the Wemo app to work with UI7
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2017, 07:39:52 pm »
For anyone having the - Belkin WeMo[159] : Startup Lua Failed - this is the fix.

- Within Devices, select Belkin Wemo
- Click Configure
- Uncheck Enable scan for WeMo devices on LAN
- When the button appears, click Reload Luup

This will disable the autoscan of wifi devices on your network, however you can easily add them manually.  Before adding, make sure to define static IPs for each of your Wemo devices within your router.  Once that's done you can manually add each device using the Add Static button.   The source of the issue when the scan is enabled is that there are OTHER wifi devices on your network that are creating a conflict with the Wemo App script, so disabling it removes the issue entirely. 

Hope that helps.

Offline jelicano

« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2017, 08:58:39 am »
Awesome thread. Finally got it working.

My question is, is there any way to get it working on the mobile app as a plain device switch instead of creating a scene?

Offline Nameless

« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2017, 09:58:23 pm »
Awesome thread. Finally got it working.

My question is, is there any way to get it working on the mobile app as a plain device switch instead of creating a scene?

I've yet to find a way with the Vera app. I installed Sceneflow on Android and they work fine using it, proving it is something weird with the Vera app.

Offline JRH In Texas

« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2018, 06:23:01 pm »
I thought I would update the instructions based on my experience with UI7.

These instructions must be done AFTER you've installed your wemo devices via the wemo app.  If you haven't done that, do that first.   I would also HIGHLY recommend assigning a permanent IP to each device via your router, using your routers DHCP settings.  This will prevent the IP of your wemo device from changing and being lost from the vera. 
I also recommend installing the Upnp Event Proxy app before starting the Wemo setup process on your Vera. 

1. Download zip https://github.com/futzle/MiOS-WeMo/archive/master.zip
2. Unzip to a local directory on your computer
3. IMPORTANT - Login to your vera locally by IP.   Logging in through getvera.com site may prevent you from being able to add devices.   If you cannot login by IP, login via getvera.com, click Users & Account Info --> Unit Settings, and then uncheck Secure your Vera, once that's done, close out, and login via IP (ie: http://192.168.1.XX/cmh/#dashboard)
4. Select Apps --> Install Apps then search for Wemo and install the existing app
5. Once installed, Select Apps --> My Apps --> Wemo, then Update App (seems redundant, but it made it work)
6. After update/luup restart, Select Apps --> Develop Apps --> Luup Files --> Then Drag and drop all Luup Files (EXCEPT readme and licence) from your saved folder on computer to the Upload box in your browser. 
7. Select Apps --> Develop apps --> Serial Port Configuration and click save.
8. Select Devices --> Wemo (arrow) --> Configure
9. (Again, this it is important that you're connected to your Vera locally for this step to work.  Going through getvera.com portal may work, but it's slower.)  Ignore Enable Scan, or dynamic add, and manually add a name and the IP of the Wemo device on your network, click Add Static.  You can repeat this step for each device you have.
10. After adding a device, a Reload Luup button will appear in the top green bar, click the button (this doesn't always show if you are remotely connected).
11. You're done, after the luup reload and final setup, your switches will now show in your devices and can be used as any other z-wave device in your network. 
12. If you don't want your vera accessible via the network, remember to reverse what you did in Step 3.

Bless you wallfly.    It works!!!

Offline Nameless

« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2018, 07:05:09 pm »
For anyone having the - Belkin WeMo[159] : Startup Lua Failed - this is the fix.

- Within Devices, select Belkin Wemo
- Click Configure
- Uncheck Enable scan for WeMo devices on LAN
- When the button appears, click Reload Luup

This will disable the autoscan of wifi devices on your network, however you can easily add them manually.  Before adding, make sure to define static IPs for each of your Wemo devices within your router.  Once that's done you can manually add each device using the Add Static button.   The source of the issue when the scan is enabled is that there are OTHER wifi devices on your network that are creating a conflict with the Wemo App script, so disabling it removes the issue entirely. 

Hope that helps.

I started getting this error, too. I'm quite sure it is because I currently have 2 other WeMo plugs powered up that I haven't added into Vera yet because I'm not sure if I'll be keeping them hooked up year-round. I'm curious where you're finding the Scan option? I click on Configure and it is totally blank for me. I'm on version 10.10 in UI7. Not sure if there's a newer version not in the Mios store that I should be grabbing?

Offline hassancy

« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2018, 12:54:04 am »
I have gotten the plugin working and I am able to add my Wemo devices manually.  However when the devices are switched on/off manually or through the iOS app, the Vera device does not reflect the changed state.  The Vera device is able to send commands but not able to receive information.  I do have UPnP Event proxy running (before I installed the Belkin plugin) and have changed the uuid in Advanced as was indicated but still no luck.  Any advice?