Author Topic: New Plugin: FLIPR , a connected object to manage your swimming pool  (Read 190 times)

Online amg0

• Sr. Hero Member
Plugin ID in the MCV store: 9080, pending approval
Github: https://github.com/amg0/FLIPR
UI7 & ALTUI only

Present the data from the FLIPR device in a VERA device. it measures PH, oxydo reduction, temperatures...

Instructions and screen shot ( in french but there are a lot of screen shots ) here : http://www.touteladomotique.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2109:le-plugin-vera-de-flipr&catid=5:domotique&Itemid=89

Offline therealdb

• Automate all the things!
Re: New Plugin: FLIPR , a connected object to manage your swimming pool
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 10:27:38 am »
If I got it correctly, this device is cloud based and works with its own protocol.
It's interesting and I'm in the market for something similar, but I'm not sure it will work I'm Italy.

On the other end, your plug-in seems useful to get alert and logs about the pool status.
Vera Edge, Fibaro FGRM 222 (12), Fibaro FGS 223 (20), Fibaro FGS 222 (5), Fibaro Universal Binary Sensor (2), Fibaro Plug (3), NeoCoolCam Door Sensor (3), NeoCoolCam PIR (1), Nest (3), Raspberry PI running my own integrations, Harmony Hub, OpenSprinkler, Personal Weather Station

Online amg0

• Sr. Hero Member
Re: New Plugin: FLIPR , a connected object to manage your swimming pool
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 11:02:18 am »
If I got it correctly, this device is cloud based and works with its own protocol.
It's interesting and I'm in the market for something similar, but I'm not sure it will work I'm Italy.

On the other end, your plug-in seems useful to get alert and logs about the pool status.

the device is bluetooth based on SIGFOX based and can locally gives its data to your phone if you are close to it. otherwise it falls back to getting data from the FLIPR servers.  the device uploads its data with SIGFOX communication protocol to its server so no need for SIM cards or GSM and the coverage is quite large. not sure about italia.

yes it is useful to see and trigger alerts when needed,  with ALTUI plugin it is also easy to setup a data push which logs all value into thingspeak and present the graphs; this is how I use it