Author Topic: Invocation Name  (Read 539 times)

Offline GaryOkie

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Invocation Name
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2017, 01:24:21 pm »
I'm really looking forward to implementing Vera Concierge, but not having to say it! 

My suggestion is for a 2-word personal name that rolls off the tongue easily and isn't language-specific.    Something easy for kids and spouses to remember and say.   It could even be someone identified as using an invisible Force to control things.  ;) 

OK Google, ask Obi Wan to raise the window blinds. 

I'm not a Stars Wars fanatic, but I could easily get used to referring to my Vera HA system with a personal name such as this.   It sure works for the Alexa crowd.

I also thought of taking the abbreviation for "command and control" (C2) to form an automaton name such as C2-D2, C2-PO, or C2-HAL.    (Command and Control Home Automation Listener)   But since it sounds like "See To How" it's probably not a good invocation phrase.   Obi Wan sounds like nothing else and seems to be very easily pronounced and recognized.

Offline Don Phillips

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2017, 07:01:16 pm »
If it can be customized, you can call the concierge anything you want, Jeeves, HAL, Mom, etc.
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.919, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
    • RTS Services Plugins
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2017, 10:28:36 pm »
Keep the suggestions coming ... I am still waiting for one (actually two words)  that's not too nerdy ...

Offline Beefy

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2017, 02:22:09 am »
Home control...?

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
    • RTS Services Plugins
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2017, 01:31:19 pm »
I like that ... I tried to stay away from home ... because they are not always used in you home.

Offline Albert1

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2017, 03:01:51 pm »
How about Vera-one or Vera-wiz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk