Author Topic: Intermatic CA3500 issue  (Read 310 times)

Offline Moxified

Intermatic CA3500 issue
« on: May 02, 2017, 12:52:04 pm »
I have about 10 CA3500's in my house for the past 3-4 years.  Most of them have been fine with I think one actually having a failure.

I finally updated (after about a year) to the latest firmware on my vera lite.  Shortly after that I noticed one of my outlets was flashing red although still fully functional from vera.  I removed it and added it back, all was well.  A few days later, flashing again.  I ignored it for a couple of weeks as I was busy.  A few days ago I noticed another one flashing.  Yesterday I noticed yet another flashing red.

All of them work fine but are now flashing red.  Unless they all randomly are dying at the same time, it seems that maybe something in the new firmware is irritating them?

Online RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
    • RTS Services Plugins
Re: Intermatic CA3500 issue
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 04:17:26 pm »
I bought 2 dozen about 5 years ago .. They were on sale  ...
In the past two years I probably replaced more than 12 with GE versions.
I currently have one that has failed ... that I have not fixed yet ...
All of my other Z-Wave devices (except some battery sensors) are original and running great.

Offline Moxified

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 06:42:18 pm »
I know, similar boat but this is the first I have had real trouble with these and three within a few weeks seems too unlikely especially after the firmware change.

I got rid of my intermatic dimmers a while ago and I know I need to with these but I only use them for chirstmas lights, kinda hate burning $400 bucks on it...

Offline farfromuman

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 10:21:36 am »
I had some Intermatic dimmers and outlets and they would start flashing red if a heal was performed on the controller.

Offline wilme2

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 11:56:06 am »
I bought six when on sale, but eventually replaced all of them with GE models.  The Intermatics caused a lot of z-wave network problems - just not worth the hassle.
Long Live UI5!