We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Missing Devices  (Read 3079 times)

Offline Sonnyzav

• Sr. Newbie
Missing Devices
« on: November 30, 2010, 08:14:55 pm »
I just installed some new devices and they do nt show up on SQ remote. They are on my Mios dashboard and I can control them from there. Is there something I have to do to add them to SQ?

Offline strangely

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • Vera 1,3 & V light
Re: Missing Devices
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 09:56:34 pm »
Did you restart SQ remote? Devices only refresh when the app starts and with the new iOS multi tasking the app doesn't do this until you force a close of the app and then restart it.

To restart the app make sure you have something else active such as safari
Double click the home button to bring up the app launcher,
Press and hold the app launch bar until the apps all shake,
Scroll to SQ remote (if you have to) and press it.
Re-launch app.
Kwickset locks, HA01C, HA14C, HA02C, HA03C, HA05C, HA04C, HA07C, HA09C, Aeon HEM, GE 45604, 45606, 45609, ZDP100, VRF01-1LZ, WDTC-20, HA18WD, WDHA-12R, HRDS1, HM-TS001, AC1-ZW, TV-IP110, BL-C210A, LUUP control- EtherRain8, DSC Alarm, HDMI matrix, HR24-200, Panasonic TV, SQblaster

Offline wmilsted

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 10:05:15 pm »
In addition to the method @strangely mentioned, you can also use the Refresh Data button under Setup-->MiOS Systems-->Edit MiOS Unit Settings.

Offline Sonnyzav

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 06:42:43 am »
Thanks guys, I have them now after restarting my Ipad. Wmilsted, i do not have a refresh data button. i have ne that is labeled"Update Media Deices"that i have set to the on position. Is that the one?

Offline SquareConnectMat

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 02:42:51 pm »
Thanks guys, I have them now after restarting my Ipad. Wmilsted, i do not have a refresh data button. i have ne that is labeled"Update Media Deices"that i have set to the on position. Is that the one?

@Sonnyzav I tis a bit confusing. There is a 'Settings' app that is general settings for all applications on the iPhone, and there is the 'SQRemote->Settings' screen that let you define settings and configuration for things within SQ Remote.

The settings that Wayne was talking about is the settings inside SQRemote.

Mat

Offline Sonnyzav

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 06:54:02 am »
Matt,

In SQ Remoteif i go to the Setup contol pad - Mios Systems-Edit Mios Unit Settings i do not have a Refresh Data button. Should I? I am using this on an Ipad.

Offline SquareConnectJohn

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2010, 05:47:57 am »
@Sonnyzav

Hi.

The "Update Media Devices"  option in settings causes SQ Remote to re-query Vera as to any media devices that may have been installed (TV's DVD players etc... ) This is an option as updating this each time on startup increased the 'dead' time before SQ Remote is available.

The Refresh Data button that WMilsted and Mat referred to is actually in the current beta version (that has been submitted to the App store), so you wont be able to find this in the version you currently have (but you will have it in a few weeks). (sorry for the confusion)!!

John
Square Connect Co-Founder

Offline Sonnyzav

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2010, 05:38:50 am »
Thanks John. I have been very happy with SQ so far. I have read somewhere else that SQ will credit the cost of the ap when buying the puck. Do you know how i can do this?

Offline rlmalisz

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2010, 08:26:30 pm »
In addition to the method @strangely mentioned, you can also use the Refresh Data button under Setup-->MiOS Systems-->Edit MiOS Unit Settings.

So I have no such button.  There's a toggle that says "update media devices" that is set to "ON" for me.  Does turning that off and back on do what you mean?

--Richard

DOH.  I saw the subsequent post that this button is only in the beta version.

Offline SquareConnectJohn

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2010, 02:19:49 am »
Sonnyzav

We had an offer open to early users of SQ Remote that purchased the blaster, however this offer was only open to the end of October.
Square Connect Co-Founder