Author Topic: Adding Axis P3367 to VeraPlus UI7  (Read 221 times)

Offline KenJ

Adding Axis P3367 to VeraPlus UI7
« on: May 05, 2017, 12:56:32 pm »
Have had a VeraLite for several years. Was successfully able to add two Axis IP cameras. Recently replaced my VeraLite with a VeraPlus. Rather than try to migrate the setup and deal with any legacy issues, I rebuilt my configuration from scratch. No problems except for the bloody Axis cameras.

I have the URL: http://192.168.xxx.xxx/axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi which works fine from a browser. When I add it manually using the UI 7 Add Device / Camera / Manual screen, I get as far as Test Camera, where I get a popup asking for my VeraPlus username and password. Neither my account credentials nor the device password are accepted.

Creating a developer device works to a point, but doesn't show video and seems to be way overkill for all I want - display of the camera video.

What am I missing?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 03:50:44 pm by KenJ »

Offline Nameless

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Adding Axis P3367 to VeraPlus UI7
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 12:05:45 am »
I don't have that camera, but have had similar issues. Are you sure it is asking for your Vera account info? My experience has been that the pop up is for the camera IP address and that username and password.

If you have the option, you could try disabling the camera password temporarily to see if you can get any picture.

Offline KenJ

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 12:17:15 am »
Unfortunately, it's definitely asking for the VeraPlus credentials as you can see from the screenshot. In this test setup, the camera is at .150, the Vera is at .140

« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 12:19:47 am by KenJ »

Offline DeeDee

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 07:11:57 pm »
Hi,

You can skip that wizard and add the camera manually through this HTTP request:

http://Vera_Local_IP/port_3480/data_request?id=lu_action&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1&action=CreateDevice&deviceType=urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:DigitalSecurityCamera:2&UpnpDevFilename=D_DigitalSecurityCamera2.xml&Description=test&RoomNum=0&IpAddress=192.168.x.x&StateVariables=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:Camera1,URL=snapshot.cgi
urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HaDevice1,Commands=camera_full_screen,camera_archive_snapshot&Username=admin&Password=admin&Reload=1

You'll have to edit this request by adding the IP address of your Vera unit (http://192.168.x.x:3480/) and then you'll have to look for the following variables and modify them accordingly:
- IpAddress -> replace 192.168.x.x with the IP address of your camera
- URL -> replace 'snapshot.cgi' with the snapshot URL of your camera and based on what you said, it seems to be: 'axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi'
- Username for the camera
- Password for the camera

Once all these variables are edited then you should simply run the request in a web browser but know that this request only works locally, when you're connected to the same network as Vera.

Offline KenJ

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 01:53:39 pm »
Thanks - I am able to create the camera using this code, but it's giving me a connection error. Probably getting the syntax wrong. I assume I'm supposed to paste both lines into the browser address box at the same time?

Edit: I used the string in the other thread and was able to gt it to work.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 02:09:08 pm by KenJ »