Author Topic: CT80 how to display Outdoor temp? wundergound installed  (Read 454 times)

Offline bloodvette

CT80 how to display Outdoor temp? wundergound installed
« on: May 08, 2017, 03:34:36 am »
so I am inexperienced in coding with Vera so please bare with me here.

I am running UI7 on a Vera Edge with 19 devices. I have my (Zwave equipped) CT80 radio thermostat included and operational (although it can't get a device to show up for humidity in the vera interface- but thats for another day).

I've done some reading but I am stumped at the programming part. Here's what I would like to do- there has been references on this forum to this being possible. I would like my CT80 thermostat to indicate the outdoor temperature.

I have installed into my Vera the app for wunderground, made an account, and successfully installed my api key so I do infact have 5 devices showing up on my Vera page for Temperature, Low Temperature, High Temperature, Humidity, and World Weather- the first 4 of which are bringing in (apparently) accurate numbers.

can anyone point me in the right direction pls.

Thx
John

Online jswim788

Re: CT80 how to display Outdoor temp? wundergound installed
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 10:00:28 am »
This is definitely possible with the Wifi versions of the RadioThermostat (uses a REST API).  I've not seen this for the Z-wave version, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.  The plugin that you might have seen that does this is for the Wifi version.  Not sure if this is possible in the Z-wave or not.  Someone did mention that it is possible to have 2 USNAP modules, so worst case you could buy the Wifi USNAP and use both Wifi and Z-wave.  Maybe someone else has a better answer for you.

By the way, you are looking for the PMA, the Price Messaging Area.  Does your Advanced Tab show a variable with this name or similar?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 11:25:31 am by jswim788 »

Offline bloodvette

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 02:15:35 pm »
By the way, you are looking for the PMA, the Price Messaging Area.  Does your Advanced Tab show a variable with this name or similar?

Negative. The PMA variable is not shown in the advance tab under variables.

I suppose I would see that variable if I had the wifi version. shoot too bad I didn't do my homework first. It appears the WIFI version and the associated plugin is a better option than the Zwave model.

Online jswim788

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 02:33:50 pm »
The Wifi version isn't all roses.  The plugin works well, but the developer doesn't seem to be around anymore and the source is (I think) encrypted.  However, it's pretty easy through lua or a curl script to stuff values into the PMA regardless of the plugin or not.  With your Z-wave version Vera will be on the hook to make sure it works, but features such as the PMA aren't there.  I think you can get a Wifi USNAP for around $60.

Offline Don Phillips

• Worthington Engineering, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2017, 07:28:18 pm »
I had a CT30 and now have a CT101. In looking at the display for both of these, including reading the manual (I do read them from time to time), I do not see support for sending that information to those thermostats.  I suspect the CT80 is similar.

On the humidity issue, I found this very helpful: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,32201.msg320332.html#msg320332
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.

Offline MarkAgain

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2017, 01:10:45 am »